Author Topic: Any plans on a sequel? And any new patches?  (Read 21034 times)

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: Any plans on a sequel? And any new patches?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2014, 03:42:05 AM »
Look this is just my observations and conclusions. I could be completely wrong. Xbox and ps network games probably make an impact in the same way. 

We sold really well on the gog sale recently, but at half price you've gotta sell twice the copies to get the same amount. I don't think the game is worth $100 but thanks! The next game I think will be made on private funding, as in Steve and my money, with the hope we make it back. Traditional funding. Physical rewards are freaking cool but from a production point of view a royal pain in the ass. I love em though.

As for the gold rush remake, I won't get into that because ... wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2014, 05:34:19 AM »
as for the gold rush

is it bad?
ive not played the revamp..

just a friend in germany is getting me the box and a shirt. I got a few thumbs up in another thread when mentioning it.
Is it terrible? I know its short but.. terrible?
ooo now Im kinda freaking out!

dont want my mate to go through the trouble of mailing it. I mean I could get the game on steam or illegally but i was awaiting the real swag.
Can I ask what the ... wow means? just terrible im assuming?

ack!

as for physical copies Id hope there would at least be a gamebox!
and out of pocket! woah!

lemme know about gold rush, I might put a .. never mind to my mate on that one.. though its never meant to be a huge game nor a real great improvement, just a way to make gold rush 2 which oddly is in the works now they own the real IP for it.

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2014, 05:51:38 AM »
Read the forums on steam. I haven't bought the game myself.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2014, 06:16:03 AM »
oh ive read the forums

on the original and revamp
both are negative(the revamp was 90% refund this and that due to idiots thinking the game was 5$ when it was just mislisted by valve as saying game+dlc =5$ when its game =30$  then+5 to get the SE dlc
other than that, there arent many negative comments and the reviews are just silly :P
not sure if thats what you meant about reading the forums, im shocked the devs upgraded the 5$ buyers to full SE status, thats not funny... esp for them. Another reason to dislike steam, recently I was refunded for FABLE ANNI on pc as it mislead people to saying it didnt need a controller. the game does..)

lemme know if the dlc 5$ thing is what u meant.. ive not seen much else but AWESOME but poor controls! or this is lame (from the kids who never played the old one)

while games like crappy watchdogs and ac3 and 4 and now unity and new borderlands get rave reviews and imo SUCK BALLLS
 :P

anyway, not sure what people are expecting, its a short game, always was.
idk
Sorry for asking for that opinion, might put ya in a bad position.
Still, I own 4 different versions of the original gold rush not including the new release of the old one from sunlight and not including the wooden box new revamp

shrug

but yea i never go by metacritic nor steam reviews, unless I trust the reviewers. So far no one i know reviewed the game (at least not that im aware of)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2014, 07:58:41 AM »
Just to note, we've never got funding from PoS - they just distributed our game on Steam and did some promotion for us.  All the funding for the game we raised on Kickstarter and came from our own pockets.

Bt

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2014, 10:53:35 AM »
I don't think 20 bucks is too much for a game.  Hell KQ3 and SQ remakes were free and I'd would have paid for them!  Seriously i used to pay 50 bucks for a sierra game 20 years ago, and once paid 80 for final fantasy 3 for snes.  It costs money to make games, so supply and demand. It's basic economics 101.  The Net is too full of people who want shit for free or like 5 bucks.  It is my sincere hope the QFI sells well enough to continue funding IQ's and a possible sequel.                Chadly :)
**********Chadly*********************

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2014, 01:07:19 PM »
A little perspective would be helpful here, but alas, for most people, the universe began the day they were born...

As an old dinosaur, I can remember paying $30-$45 for Intellivision cartridges in the early 1980s.  That's the equivalent of paying $70-$105 in 2013 -- and while they were extremely enjoyable, compare that with the complexity of programming and execution of today's modern games at a lower "price."

And even though PC computer game prices were $40-$70 in the 1990s, that "price" has essentially remained the same 20 years later for the "big-name" games: $40-$70 in 1995 is the same as paying $60-$105 in 2013, where games are a better value today.

So while gaming has gotten more economically advantageous for the consumer, they lack the historical perspective to appreciate it.  While that's part of the problem, there is plenty of blame for freeware games, along with the piracy of video games, music and movies; where there is no cost, there is no value.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2014, 03:37:13 PM »
RIGHT!
 I  remember mario snes or nes games being 69.99 RETAIL

sierra games some.. were 69.99 also!
wtfff are kids complaining about !!!!

its why I dont get it. Maybe im just not of that generation. My daughter is but even she LOVED QFI
she peed until she died, laughed and showed her friends,

(she prefers rogue path fyi)

she is in love with rohem too :)

side note, I could pirate games, but how does that help get more great games out?
I mean really!
now music, sure I can understand since most money there is made on tours not album sales as radiohead even said in contrast to metallica nuttin up on napster, radiohead gave and still does give all albums free via torrent, saying if you like it buy it or come to a show , get a shirt and have some fun

its worked for them :P

but man, yea... I used to pirate everything, now the most I do is rare rare stuff I own that Im to scared to use, which I find no harm in, though it still doesnt make it legit (tho most companies are defunct the ips are still owned) some arent

shrug

hence why I got QFI on steam gog and backerkit!

prolly why most of us here did, could we have torrented your game? yep
did we..
hellls nooooooooo

just hope this really doest effect your future
as for PoS im sorry they dont help out esp since steam cards and such % goes to them, it should go towards backing your next project

do they even offer any support other than tweets or such?
just curious as most publishers help back games, not all but like tex murphy (though the dev was chris jones ATLUS put up loads of cash and TESTERS to help him and his crew!)
id think pos would do that for ya..
shrug

sorry if thats tooo personal no need to answer, just note that tex murphy tesla effect ROCKS, and was originally UNREAL engine, changed to unity and backed and published by atlus! one of the best JRPG game publishers evaaaaa imo

DosboxLetsPlay

• Villain
  • Liked: 72
  • Hero of Gloriana
    • DosboxLetsPlay
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/dosboxletsplay
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Game: Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2014, 05:18:10 PM »
I'd like to touch the piracy topic just a little bit.

I'm perfectly fine with the model of Quest for Infamy. You get to play a demo and then decide whether you want to buy it or not.

However, this type of a structure is very rare these days, now instead of demos we get "Preorder now for 5% discount and a hat!", but you won't get to TRY OUT the game itself. That's why, mainly with big costly titles, if I'm not too certain about the game, I prefer to pirate it first and see if I like it. If I do, then I'll actually buy it too.

Say what you will, but I'm not the person who can afford to spend 40-60 bucks here and there all the time as if it were pennies, so I'm glad that as a PC gamer, I have the option to try a potentially interesting game if I'm not given the chance.
"Ha ha! Little graveyard humor there!"

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2014, 09:10:21 PM »
wish they had that for watchdogs, (the demo was NOT how it was lauched ubi took all the good visuals out to water it down so consoles could run it, and then somehow forgot to revamp it back for pc standards)

huge fits raged over that games demo at E3 vs the actual gameplay  and no demo existed for users

same with new borderlands PS  pos more like, no demo, nothing, just terrible to even make it from gearbox aussie land where things are .. PG rated or they are banned (of course saying that now.. after ive been informed here that things are changing a bit in australia but still, the game is TERRIBLE)
ubi lost me for life, deepsilver, ubi, blizzard,bethesda, lionhead, gearbox all never will get a cent from me again

and on the QFI note, the demo well
so say you backed the game in KS, youd have to be STILL WAITING to play it...
hence why I got the game on gog AND steam, so I could play sooner
did I torrent the sob noper, triple buy!

I go to many cons and 90% (yes this % is shot out my rear) of the games demo'ed are NOTHING LIKE the end result at launch

shadows of mordor, glad I didnt get that, pos, demo and vids made it look fantastic, even with HD my brothers top of the line rig the game looked like just a ps3 and not much more (not that ps3 is bad) just that the game was viewed as HD gfx and looked amazing on the demo and commercials

grrr waves fists

as for watchdogs that pile of dung I DID pay for, and the dlc. FUN part about the preorder of WD is that the DLC was 3/4ths the PREORDER content. SO  I paid out the rear for just 1 extra mission that lasted 5-10 minutes! and paid 29.99 for that one mission as the rest came with the preorder

also the e3 demo crew released their MOD to make the game look like it was supposed to and what did ubi do? claimed it would ruin rigs and crash the game (and it only made it run better and look fantastic)
they just didnt want to admit they watered it down for consoles and didnt want pc users getting a graphics upper hand and then console buyers flipping out when they compare screens and the console looked like crap vs pc sooo they just left it looking likes poop

I finally did install the mod, it ran WAY BETTER and looked amazing!
still a crap overpriced game but yea

I dont trust big companies anymore.. im an indie lova!

bethesda I WAS A HUGE fan of, until oblivion, then they lost me, same with fallout (not a terrible game but) all essence of the old fallout was GONE.. just poof into a skyrim type fps
all dung dung

:)

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2014, 10:30:13 PM »
That's one of the reasons we did a demo DosBox, I think it removes the reason of "I'm not sure if I'll like it" from the piracy equation.

I think there's a lot of reasons for piracy, and the only one I think could be considered legitimate is if something is simply not available anymore - although that really only counts for old games. I'm sorry if this offends but "I'm not sure I'll like it" isn't a reason to pirate at game. The other day I walked into a book shop and saw a new novel that looked alright, the blurb on the back seemed to indicate a good story and I recognised the author as someone I’ve read before and enjoyed. Still, I wasn’t sure it would be good so I took it and told the guy behind the counter that I’d come back and pay for it if I liked it. He proceeded to jump the counter and repeatedly punch me in the face until I gave the book back.

Plus, you may buy the game if you like it, but you'll be in the minority with adventure games. As they're a story driven game, if you've finished it already why would you buy it?

I'm sorry, but the logic is flawed in that it only seems to be an acceptable excuse for digital products.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2014, 10:47:38 PM »
Piracy=theft=no money to the hardworking folks that made the game.  With that said sure as a younger Chadly i traded games with friends, as in the 80's and 90's it was easy to do with no copy protection.  I could list numerous sites now that have abandoned ware on them.  Too chancy for me.  I think we all have done it at one time at another. Kind of like masterbation, is it right or wrong?  That question is up to one's personal beliefs.  As an adult I don't steal or pirate games, i just rent them from legitamate places such as GameFly before i purchase.  Demo's are the way to go as you guys proved at least to me! :)     Chadly
**********Chadly*********************

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2014, 11:29:40 PM »
yep totally

wait did that really happen with the book or are you giving a harsh comparison ?

if that happened wtf!

as for piracy well, again not all torrents or dls are pirating, some are freeware or free 100% and no i dont mean games, some apps , linux etc,

As for what I pirate its like da kyltos said if i have a rare boxed game, and I dont want to use it, or its sealed, ill get a torrent of it  or ftp irc it. Again I used to be 2nd hand to TEAMRPG whos goal was to keep the old alive, our goal wasnt to pirate but to keep dead games alive that werent sold or were not working. most of the time we used our original copies, making great images (none needed cracks or anything)
and none of the games were owned IP wise by anyone hence freeware

id never dl a game just to PLAY it as a demo!
ever.. and thats saying lots

as for music though, so much is rare and unheard of, where soulseek has this stuff like
Franki doll and the broken toys  disbanded and let everyone just spit out their music any way they could
same with radiohead but they didnt disband, and even tenacious d allowed a few vids of the last tour to be made into a fan dvd 100% not legal until tom aka jack black came on and said let it be soooooooooo!

then it was legit :P

but now adays most of those TEAMRPG games, are now on GOG and ips are now back in action or you guys wouldnt need to rename games to other things, etc

so its not the same as it once was.

I tend to stay away from torrents again unless its ancient and no one owns it. OR I own the real game but cant or dont want to use it (floppy drives dont exist) so one must emulate !

oh and ive never paid for windows ever, but thats thanks to intel giving me free copies up until windows 8
which I dont own thankfully

XD

I still rock my ps2 emulator and all games I just stick in my dvd (real games) so that I can play them!
I dont find that illegal but it.. kinda is :P
shrug again

keep the dead alive i say

like one game from the nancy drew crew that started it all, is still no where to be found
some times on ebay but even then rarely. I once emailed HER and asked if it was ok to host the game
they said YES for sure please keep it alive!
this game below is the one i mean, it was 6 cds with 2 cds for 2 extra chars and another cd for a soundtrack! very rare. Of course now that nancy drew games are in full effect I doubt they would say SURE host that!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McKenzie_%26_Co

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
Any plans on a sequel? And any new patches?
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2014, 12:28:13 AM »
No it's an analogy.

As for torrents, yeah sure they not ALL pirated stuff. But come on, if it's legit it's very very very rare.

Also I understand people might not agree with me about piracy either. I was a horrible thief until I saw the other side of it after the QFI release. Honestly it didn't change my mind because I always knew on some level it was wrong but it made me think about it. Enlightened self interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2014, 01:05:56 AM »
How can anything that feels so right be wrong?
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.