Author Topic: Why.... Blackthorne?  (Read 27395 times)

Myrddin Starfari

• Ping of Kuns
  • Villain
  • Liked: 34
  • Ok folks, what's with the pitchforks and torches?
    • View Profile
Re: Why.... Blackthorne?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2013, 05:48:20 PM »
Mines based on a character I created a mad scientists young lab assistant named after a famous wizard (Myrddin is welsh for Merlin) with a last name I thought was cool (it loosely translates as Star Traveler).
When you're a farrier you need to know these things

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2013, 06:20:41 PM »
My real name is Aaron but at school some people used to call me Ronny. One day I ran on to the field to play rugby and the loud mouth of the school yelled out "ladies and gentleman introducing Rugged Ronny Garvin (an 80s pro wrestling character)" from then Rrg becam my leader board handle for arcade vid games and some friends would call me rugged or double r g. Of course that ended  years ago but when I needed an internet handle rugged seemed a nice throw back.

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2013, 07:29:53 PM »
Sickfiction came from the Chuck Palahniuk book "Diary" with the line "Turn your life into some sick fiction" I was initially using it as my music/producer/DJ name but it ended up being my email address and forum handles for the last 8 years.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2013, 07:45:12 PM »
Klytus is the evil Emperor Ming's ... I donno maybe chief badguy underling ... from Flash Gordon, the brilliant and yet also rather rubbish early 80's movie starring Sam Jones. I've used this since the late 90's, although originally I spelt it Klitos but that name was banned from some forums due to admins thinking it was a play on Clitoris. So I changed it and it actually brought it closer to the correct spelling from the movie.

The Emperor Ming: Klytus, I'm bored. What play thing can you offer me today?

Klytus: An obscure body in the S-K System, Your Majesty. The inhabitants refer to it as the planet Earth.

The Emperor Ming: How peaceful it looks.

Klytus: Most effective, Your Majesty. Will you destroy this ... Earth?

The Emperor Ming: Later. I like to play with thing a while before annihilation.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2013, 08:13:35 PM »
Klytus is the evil Emperor Ming's ... I donno maybe chief badguy underling ... from Flash Gordon, the brilliant and yet also rather rubbish early 80's movie starring Sam Jones. I've used this since the late 90's, although originally I spelt it Klitos but that name was banned from some forums due to admins thinking it was a play on Clitoris. So I changed it and it actually brought it closer to the correct spelling from the movie.

Klytus: An obscure body in the S-K System, Your Majesty. The inhabitants refer to it as the planet Earth.

What's wrong with CLITORIS? Surely the Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society is a worthwhile organization
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2013, 12:27:43 PM »
Every since I was a wee lad, I wanted to grow up to be a tin can...

Get it?  Goat Meal?  Like those cartoons from the 1930s and 1940s, where goats were always chewing on tin cans?...  (Though goats eating tin cans is a myth.)

Seriously: My dad's nickname is Oatmeal, and my first name starts with a G, so Goatmeal was born...

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2013, 02:59:26 PM »
Seriously: My dad's nickname is Oatmeal, and my first name starts with a G, so Goatmeal was born...

I'd love to know why your dad's nickname is "Oatmeal".
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2013, 04:48:05 PM »
    My screen name is Chadly.  This name comes from my real name Chad.  I was given the nickname Chadly by my best friend's dad.  It is one of the nicer nicknames I have been given over the years.

Now I choose to use the offshoot of my real name simply because I Stand by what I post.  No matter what I post on, it is my belief that one shouldn't have to "hide behind" a anomous screen name, avatar, or whatever the hell you want to call it.  I am a pretty open-minded individual, as well as outspoken at times.
Oh, don't get me wrong I have used other nicknames or screen names in the past, however I have stopped this practice as every Fuckin time I think of a cool name it has already been used or chosen by someone else!!!! ;D
**********Chadly*********************

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2013, 05:42:56 PM »
I love this thread.  Well, hell.  I'm pretty sure mine is self-explanatory..."Sarah" for Sarah (first name) and "Liz" for Elizabeth, my middle name.  It's always been my nickname since I was a kid (thanks Mom) even though I'm not really a fan.

Pretty exciting, eh?    ::)

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2013, 06:07:45 PM »

I'd love to know why your dad's nickname is "Oatmeal".

Nothing special -- it's merely a bastardization of our last name...   :D

And no, I'm not telling...   :P

And yes, DS9 _was_ the best ST series...   ;)

Corrigan

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 826
  • Portrait Lead
    • https://www.facebook.com/EstirdalinArt
    • https://twitter.com/Estirdalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2013, 10:32:26 AM »
Mine isn't terribly exciting, really. I go by both Corrigan and Estirdalin, the latter is in use more these days since it's less common so easier to claim the name on most sites.  They were both originally names for my WoW characters, Corrigan being an old myth about druids who used to steal babies and replace them with changelings (for my druid character, naturally) and Estirdalin was one of the Balmorra mages guild members in Morrowind, arguably my favourite game, or at least top 5.  I have always preferred casters in games where fantasy and escapism is part of the charm....I could go swing a sword at someone right now if I really wanted to (and didn't mind getting arrested) but I've yet to master fireballs and arcane explosions :p
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2013, 11:27:15 AM »
I've mastered the "arcane explosion".  It generally clears out the room pretty quickly, too.   :o
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Sektor

• Recruit
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2013, 07:00:22 AM »
I just stole my name from a game with kombat and mortals. Sektor was my most used/abused character when I played MK3 but I haven't played any MK game for years and I've long forgotten all the moves.

thehawk

• Recruit
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2013, 01:31:33 AM »

FLASH!  AAAAH-AAAAH!  He'll save every one of us! (or something like that- but now it's stuck in my head, thanks for that!)
What the hell would you want a bird's nest for?  To wear as a hat?

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2013, 01:37:25 AM »
You're more than welcome!
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."