Author Topic: Things I miss from the 1980's and 90's  (Read 4295 times)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
Things I miss from the 1980's and 90's
« on: May 17, 2016, 07:59:03 AM »
Hi all. Here's some of the things I miss from the 1980's and '90's that I miss that are no longer around.  Aladins
Castle (the local arcade), Planter's Cheeseballs, Reebok Pump tennis shoes, 80's rock music (Metallica, G&R, Def Leopard, big hair bands, decent Bruce Springsteen music (not the the stuff the Boss does now), Sony Walkman, going to a movies and a date used to cost 25 bucks, not 50 +, drive in theatres, Parachute pants, Jams shorts, Saturday morning Cartoons, and finally Star Trek the next Generation.  My kids will never get to know these simple things from my youth sadly. Damn I hate being almost 40. Lol.  Feel free to add to the list.;) 

Chadly.
**********Chadly*********************

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: Things I miss from the 1980's and 90's
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 08:35:01 AM »
The Walkman?  That piece of shit chewed more tapes than it played.

You can go on a date now for $50? I just had a date night with my wife that cost me nearly $150. That's why we go out twice a year!

Masters of the Universe
HR Puffenstuff
Atari 2600
5.25" Disks
Adverts in the back on comic books (X-Ray glasses anyone?)
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 02:29:38 PM »
where do you live for 50$ date nite?

its like 22$ for a movie ticket in 3d + popcorn etc anothre 30$ thats just the movie is about 70-80$
then dinner or vice versa

hey think this way, bands are making vinyl rehappen over the last few years , if rehappen is a word lol

parachute pants ugh

im from a bad clothing era, the 80's  cords, not nice..

star trek next gen is still on like 9 hour blocks every nite on bbc america..
aww i do misss the slower older days

but i dont miss dial up!

c64?
sneaker ware? (before 5.25)

oh xray glasses on the back.. I got me 3 pairs to look at girls, none worked minus the one that got me with my wife hehe

ohh yeaaa good times, but no thanks id like not to go back

oh fyi most master music sets are stored on analog not digital format, from their they can take that raw data and do whatever, remaster it.. make it into vinyl or dvd or cd..

its why tons of bands again still sell vinyl even now its on the rise like advent games are again.

whoot whoot..  most things come back round, minus powdered wigs n buckled shoes  thank god.
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 02:40:06 PM »
Yeah the good ol days. Lol.  Yes u can go out for 50 bucks, in my town we have 5 dollar movie night. Dinner cost at least 40 bucks for an average dinner. However I nice dinner is 100 +.  Digital to analog conversion sucks ass. I still think the quality of records to be superior to cds in the low to midrange.  Minus the hiss and pops of course. Lol. I miss Nintendo, my Intellivision, snes, old classic txt parser computer games. Long live Sierra!:)

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 03:17:57 PM »
The thing I miss most is all the casual racism and sexism.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 04:04:59 AM »
Here's a memory of the 80's and 90's.  Books. REAL Books. (Kids once upon a time there were books. Paper with writing stitched to a leather binder, that people carried around and read.)  I prefer books to Tablet Ebooks. Here's why:  I like to be able to read them at the beach in direct sunlight as its hard to do that with an Ipad or Nook. If I get pissed at the ending or writing and I throw said books, I am not out 400 bucks.  I Never have to charge my Real Book, or worried that I might damage it.  If someone attacks me I can defend myself with my novel better than a tablet.  On the flipside, Ebooks are cheaper, last forever, no worried about bindind coming apart or book worms, or getting drunk and spilling beer all over my book ruining it. Some ebooks are water resistant.  Any Questions or thoughts anybody?   Chadly.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 08:35:42 AM »
I use both. Books will never die.

I use my iPad at night so I don't have to keep the light on and my wife awake.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."