Author Topic: Hello Kickstarter Backers and QFI fans!  (Read 14689 times)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Hello Kickstarter Backers and QFI fans!
« on: July 08, 2012, 12:12:08 PM »
Hey Guys!

Glad so many of you made it over here from the Kickstarter.

The Special Backer forums are being set up, and they should be ready to go before the end of August.  Until then, I'll keep you updated with things right here.

We've got so much work to do, and so much organizing so bear with us, please!

We're really excited to get the ball rolling even harder.  A lot of work has been done on the game already, and more will continue!   In the coming weeks, I'll be talking about a lot of stuff we're doing - and then, when everything is all set - the backer forums will open up, with more content and fun stuff for you!

Thanks again, guys!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

hideo kuze

Re: Hello Kickstarter Backers and QFI fans!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 06:25:54 PM »
Cool! Looking forward to it.

BTW, any news on demo v2?

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 09:24:07 PM »
Cool! Looking forward to it.

BTW, any news on demo v2?

Yes, Demo v 2.0 should be out in the next couple weeks.  Got a little back-logged with the power-outage and weather, but we should have it soon.  Bunch of fun stuff in there for you guys to explore.  Not a whole ton, but you know - some goodies, some changes... enhanced and improved combat for one... all in all, it'll be a good time.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 01:24:56 PM »
Got a little back-logged with the power-outage and weather

So you got hit with the outage, too? Mine was off for nearly a week.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 01:32:15 PM »
Yeah - I didn't get hit with it personally, but Chuck - our lead programmer did and it was miserable for him.

Bt

SarahLiz

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 11:56:32 AM »
Oh man, that sucks.  Hope you are feeling better too Bt...

Collector

• Villain
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 02:06:44 PM »
It was in the mid 90s outside and over 100 in my house. The hot, stagnant air in the house made it impossible to sleep. All of the businesses near me had lost power, too. I also lost a refrigerator full of food. a disgusting, smelly mess to clean out by flashlight.

Lupin

• Lackey
  • Liked: 1
  • Magic Knight and Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 02:55:10 PM »
It was in the mid 90s outside and over 100 in my house. The hot, stagnant air in the house made it impossible to sleep. All of the businesses near me had lost power, too. I also lost a refrigerator full of food. a disgusting, smelly mess to clean out by flashlight.

In comparison, here in the UK, we are being flooded out of our homes :P

Broomie

• Chief Administrator
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 581
    • https://www.facebook.com/brooomie
    • broomie
    • https://twitter.com/jbroomie/
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/JBroomie
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 03:06:13 PM »
Yeah I've seen some pretty crazy images on the news. Luckily we haven't been hit too bad where I live but it's definitely been one miserable summer here in the UK!

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 06:50:17 PM »

Where do you live collector? 
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Collector

• Villain
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 03:54:45 PM »
Columbus

SarahLiz

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 04:14:28 PM »

Ugh, that's awful!  A few years ago after a major hurricane we had a similar thing with power outage, high heat and humidity, and a family of people staying in my house who couldn't stay in their homes from the flooding.  It was the longest week of my life.  Being 9 months pregnant didn't help.  :o

Anyhoo.  Glad things are back to "normal" for you?  So sorry that happened.

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 04:19:30 PM »
Columbus

Yeah.  I am right outside Washing DC and it was the exact same for us.  Just nasty, and no power.  Fortunately for me, I have a basement and was able to sleep downstairs.  Down there it only got to about 85 degrees.  The main level was the same as yours.  The other big problem is that for the first few days no one else had power either.  You couldn't find a fast food joint to get some relief or anything.  There was just nowhere to go.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 05:17:34 AM »
Ouch... writing code without power is miserable.  It's a bit like trying to eat food without a mouth.

I suspect that, considering you have a family, coding wasn't top priority during that episode  ;)

Little humans take priority in situations like that.  We've only had one "extended" outage since my daughter was born, and it was very short (perhaps a couple of hours).
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 08:19:27 AM »
Ouch... writing code without power is miserable.  It's a bit like trying to eat food without a mouth.

I suspect that, considering you have a family, coding wasn't top priority during that episode  ;)

Yep, like, not possible at all.  :)  This week I went out and bought a laptop specifically for coding QFI.  That helps a bit because I am not tied down to a desktop!  And yes, family was the number one priority.  My wife and kids, as well as my parents who live close, are in their 70s and were dealing with the exact same stuff!

Collector

• Villain
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 06:54:23 PM »
The other big problem is that for the first few days no one else had power either.  You couldn't find a fast food joint to get some relief or anything.  There was just nowhere to go.
Same here, too. Not even any ice to be had without some travel.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 11:48:46 PM »
     Hello all Infamous Backers!!!!  Just a bit concerned that there hasnt been a post from the Co-founder and Big Boss Blackthorne as of late.  Is he still under the weather?  Has he decided to take a much needed break from all the tedious administrative duties of making QFI???  Perhaps the Big Cheese has become frustrated, has took all the KS money and went on an epic jouney to the Land Down Under to go on a mythic quest with Klytos to find the "fountain of free beer", that is guarded by nubile, big breasted and naked women!!! Who end  up being man eaters!!!  Will they survive? Will they come back to finish QFI?  Will they tell me where this AWESOME place is?!!!!  Except for the man eating part!  Or are they tired of my rants?? Lol.   ;) :D    Chadly
**********Chadly*********************

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 11:53:46 PM »
Sorry, Chad.  I've been posting on Twitter and sending out official updates through Kickstarter.  I was gone this weekend, though.

Bt

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 12:17:50 AM »
      Glad to hear all is well with you BT.  I dont have a twitter account.  My bad.  Anyway if you find that fountain i mentioned let me know.  Thanks for all  you and the rest of the team do!  It is appreciated by all of us!!!! Thanks Chadly.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 07:22:18 PM »
I am chomping at the bit waiting for the new demo!  When it is released i will do cartwheels and probally end up falling on my ass!  Which will be fun too!  Anyway with that out of the way, keep up the good work all!  QFI is going to be AWESOME i just know it!!!!! :)