Author Topic: Replay dumps Adventure Mob for new Developer for LSL  (Read 5776 times)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Replay dumps Adventure Mob for new Developer for LSL
« on: July 15, 2012, 05:41:35 PM »
http://venturebeat.com/2012/07/15/leisure-suit-larry-publisher-trades-up-to-a-new-developer-exclusive/#bmb=1

So, it appears that Replay is going with an American developer, N-Fusion, to produce their LSL remake.  I don't know details, but I feel bad.  I know Adventure Mob poured a lot of time and effort into the demo and the Kickstarter that helped fund it.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
Re: Replay dumps Adventure Mob for new Developer for LSL
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 06:44:34 PM »
Sad, and also irritating, I would imagine.  I wasn't on board for that KS (no Linux until some astronomical goal around a million dollars), but I know plenty of folks that chose to come on after seeing Oded and the AM team and interacting with them.  There will be backers that feel baited & switched, not to mention how the AM dudes must feel.
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 07:00:01 PM »
There's a long discussion about the announcement over at Replay's forums:

http://forums.replaygamesinc.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=383

As I mentioned there, AM wasn't a major deciding factor for me.  I really only cared that Al and Josh were on board to write the remake.  It does suck that they were dropped for another developer, but Josh pretty much cleared up the reasons for doing so.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Veritas1325

• The Master of Awesome
  • Recruit
  • Liked: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 12:52:13 PM »
Far as I know, this sort of thing happens all the time. It's a shame when one company loses business; but, I'm not prepared to get too upset about it. I actually missed the LSL Kickstarter but signed up later as a PayPal person. And, I agree with Serena...give me Al and Josh and I'm happy.

rogerxy

• Lackey
  • Liked: 2
  • Serious Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 08:12:05 PM »
Yep, Al and Josh is what's important. I don't have any knowledge about neither the old or the new developers so I just have to trust that Replay Games makes the correct descision
You can have anything you want if you will give up the belief that you can't have it.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 11:34:04 PM »
    Well ok Replays dumps the unproven no experience team from Israel.  From what i read from Josh himself said they were not getting what was expected.  I second what has already been stated here if Josh Mandel and Al Lowe are writing and designing the game, then its gonna be great!!!  As for people taking issue with what Paul Trowe says, ignore it.  The Game is going to be great and well thought out! Period!!!! :)
**********Chadly*********************