Author Topic: Glitches (Spoilers)  (Read 8188 times)

MrWhitman

• Recruit
  • Liked: 4
    • View Profile
Glitches (Spoilers)
« on: August 11, 2017, 07:38:46 PM »
Okay, normally I wouldn't do this but I found some that are just too annoying (or good) to avoid.

1. In numerous screens i.e. Blacksmith screen on the right or Morroi camp on the bottom, if you reload a game from your entry point, you are forced to leave the screen.

2. Drink the moonshine in the Morroi kitchen and you end up in the farm constantly going through the puking animation when you move.  Eventually this leads to the game crashing.

3. After defeating the Morroi Leader, trying to go into the kitchen gets a message saying you can't but if you try again you do it.

4. Trying to leave the kitchen after defeating the Morroi leader you are told you can't go out in your normal clothes, Rayford walks back inside then you end up outside.

5. In Act III Cultist enemies have no description when you look at them.

6. Rayford is supposed to be in Tyr in Act III but if you break into his house, he's in his house.

7. If you talk to Jeeves when the Mayor of Tyr isn't home you'll walk out, disappear and reappear in the house then walk out again.

8. As a sorcerer, you can cut down the bush, then walk in.  Walk back out and Roehm will float out on a cloud for no reason.

9. Go too far out onto the ledge in the dwarf mine chasm and if you click on the opposite end of the chasm and you'll get a message saying, "you're already on this side."

10. Staying in the dwarf mine into the night during day 3 ended up with time reversing back to daylight rather than going into night time.

11. In the screen to the left of the crossroads entering King's Road, Roehm can walk through one of the jutting rocks.

12. Exit Tyr by the top wall but don't wait for someone to come out of the room, and if you ever return you are immediately caught.

13. Stealing the plate at the inn will get a conversation with Ina even if she's left the room to clean.

14. For the Thief and the Sorcerer, once you've picked a class you cannot climb the walls into Volksville unless it's at the gate.

15. Using the crowbar on Rayford's chest (in the house) as a brigand gets a message based on using a thief tool kit and actually ends up with you gaining thief skills.

16. It is notoriously difficult to get into Rayford's house, also with the brigand, it's impossible to re-enter after breaking in and leaving again.

17. As a brigand, if you use the map to go to the bridge after taking the caravan job, you are forced to take the "hard path."

18. "Puzzles are Hard" is listed as a General Achievement but it can only be competed during Act I.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Re: Glitches (Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 11:31:55 PM »
yeaa

1. for sure was addressed
2. same  lol this one was funny in a way, i had to task kill process for it.
3. i actually.. never tried that!
4. happened to me a few times but I could NOT replicate it twice  in a row.. :(
5. description? you mean if you turn on the hunt pixel location thing? (tis how i found the secret in the library)
if so, i didnt notice this..

6. ah yes rayford, no matter what you do if you try to break into his house, he is there
i did mention this and I believe it was already fixed as the door just says you cant interact with it
but that was in a beta test

there are tons more you will find,
try climbin up the vines on the non rogue path (like sorc) you can get up..
and then what.. lol

sometimes the animation just freezes into a forever climb etc

nice eye btw, wish more fans like you were round for the beta fix feedback. XD
still I think the fans and the devs did a great job, considering the out of gate bugs ;)
you want to see a list mine has about 400 things on it to fix XD

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

MrWhitman

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 02:11:54 AM »
There were others.  Lots of others.  It's just when I "centari" tested on Space Quest II remake, a lot of people got angry with me.

Some of it is actually useful for level grinding.  It's like I found that after choosing a class (at least a sorcerer) trying to climb the walls on the front of Volksville gets a standard "you can't climb that" message and allows for real fast climbing skill but won't ever let you climb them.

Others get irritating such as when I caught a bee before choosing a class I gave it to the beekeeper but it was only after I chose a class that I realized I needed it and thereby never got "Nature's Blessing."  Also, I used the retrieve object spell on the fishing pole but while the animation started, the fishing pole just disappeared.

Then there's stuff like climbing the "owl" tree in the grasslands and ending up in the next screen up.

Not to mention the myriad of times I walk through solid objects on the edges of the screen.

As far as the description goes, I mean when you click the "Eye" on the cultits (the ones that can attack you) or guards wearing green, nothing happens.  You don't get a message like with others like the bear gets "It's a bear" or the spider "Spiders are scary.  For girls."  You get nothing. 

With that last one, I've been working on the wiki which is SORELY lacking in information and help and I think I got all the enemies but no in-game description for the characters.  Can you tell me what the in-game description was supposed to be?

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 09:37:06 AM »
Jokes. I'm actually checking some of this now in our latest build to see what's been fixed.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

MrWhitman

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 03:36:18 AM »
(tis how i found the secret in the library)

Are you referring to the list of backers for the game?  That's the only one I found.  I did find that "Those that know will" book but I'm guessing that was for the backers and only the backers to know.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 03:27:48 PM »
nope nope there is another secret :)

and you can turn the pixel hunter on and off

i recommend off as it lists odd stuff for testing vs the descriptions of said things

I do have a youtube channel but Ill see if you can find the secret first

there is the BAR hunt in the library, which is near the end of the search, those that know will

oo that was fun

but there is also another tid bit that was put in :)
+ art and mini animation and speech, ooo

MrWhitman

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 05:02:39 AM »
Well I haven't found anything yet, though I don't know about this "Pixel Hunter" thing you mention.  What I did find was that there's a spot that oddly can't be interacted with in the library.  Just next to the library window (inside) there's a series of tiles.  The tile just next to the window won't give any information if touched or looked at.  All other locations will say SOMETHING just no this one.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 03:37:43 PM »
you can look at the HOTKEYS for the pixel locator
:)

and yep that IS the secret buuut there is a bit more to it!

how about clicking it a few times like idk 10 .. see what happens?

:)

and lemme know if you found the bt bar, that was truly fun hunting.

MrWhitman

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 08:03:24 PM »
It's not 10 times, it's 20 and I get the rather annoying Dennis Nedry line from Jurrasic Park by some bald guy.

And I won't be able to find the bar in this play through.  I didn't watch the intro which I learned is paramount to finding it.  This may or may not be important to my video, however.  It's like with my Space Quest Vohaul Strikes Back video.  I don't show how to get there, but I found the secret and a death that occurs there.  Is there a death associated with it?

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 05:35:06 PM »
well i didnt want to give it away fully
so i said 10 mate

and yea .. the JP meme. thats actually one of the least discovered secrets

the bar, you can do in an hr from new game, so try it!
tis fun :)

esp if you use the hints for hunting vs just being told the answers.

did you find the hotkey for the pixel hunting?

what might not be important to your video? what video?
you mean the bt bar?  would be nice if its added surely

dont forget the cool garden with the necklace, thats a mini secret too.

death that occurs in.. the bar?
no.. i mean you can fight BT..
im assuming you can lose but never did .. to find out, as the battle was to easy.

i never did get to find the secret in SQ remake,
and its hard to find the files to get anymore :(

MrWhitman

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 11:43:36 PM »
Not the Space Quest Remake, it's Vohaul Strikes Back.

And yeah, I'm referring to the secret boss fight.  Whenever I make a "Ways to Die" video, it seems inevitable that someone finds something that I missed.  It's like with "Codename: Iceman".  Sure I managed to find 95 individual ways to die, but someone managed to find one that I missed.

Then there's things like the original King's Quest I remake.  I discovered a way to die that was so hidden that even AGDInteractive left it out of their remake.

Ah... Anyway, doing these takes a lot of time and patience, especially a game like this where I literally have to play it three times over to get everything.  Eventually, even I get tired of the game so I prefer to get as much done as I possibly can the first time.

Now let me ask this, if I PM you questions just about being on the right track, could you let me know about that?  I don't want to spoil it for future visitors to the forum.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 01:18:49 AM »
There's a spoiler tag in the forums you can use which does this...

Spoiler (hover to show)
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

MrWhitman

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2017, 04:05:08 PM »
Thanks for the help.

Okay, well here's what I've managed so far:

Spoiler (hover to show)

Are all those things necessary or am I missing something vital?

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2017, 05:57:03 PM »
search for the BT HUNT threads here somewhere
things have changed a bit moved around
some of the hints are indeed on found here only

or in hex..

but if you look to closely at the bt hunt thread you will just get the answer

you have the first 2 steps ok,
the monks whipping have nothing to do with the hunt for the bar
the book as you already know does (but its near the end)
all can be done from I believe act 2

I dont know how much hint you want but if you found the actI hint you should know what the next step is :) and about the book.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2017, 06:34:13 PM »
Here's the two links that cryptically explain what you need to do to access the secret area...

http://www.infamous-quests.com/forum/index.php?topic=1460.0

http://www.infamous-quests.com/forum/index.php?topic=1515.0

Beware, there's [9] + [27] pages of questions, hints, and musings (as well as some off-topic jibber-jabber).  However, you seem to be rather resourceful, and should have no problem piecing everything together.   ;)

(Oh, and you cannot access it prior to Act II...)