Author Topic: Police Quest like Kickstarter by Jim walls coming soon?  (Read 4525 times)

asianmusicguy

• Villain
  • Liked: 16
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
Police Quest like Kickstarter by Jim walls coming soon?
« on: March 24, 2013, 07:03:46 PM »
I stumbled across this today while randomly hopeing for a Jim walls kickstarter
http://choicestgames.blogspot.ca/2013/02/creator-of-police-quest-announces.html
quick Steve email Jim give him ideas :) 
he needs help with planning his website
 you guys can email him directly at jimwallsreloaded@gmail.com
If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.  ~Michael Jackson

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: Police Quest like Kickstarter by Jim walls coming soon?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 07:59:28 PM »
Heh, yeah - I believe, actually, Britney at Himalaya has been chatting with him.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

asianmusicguy

• Villain
  • Liked: 16
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 09:14:58 PM »
yeah the point is though i posted it becaisause  not many people know hes really working at it most think its a rumor so if we spread the word now we can  help it blow up when it is ready for launch
If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.  ~Michael Jackson

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 12:54:01 AM »
Wow...what!!  That's awesome.  So amazing to see many of the old talented Sierra guys (and girls) making games again!  Even though Police Quest probably wasn't my all-time "favorite" series, I still did love it and owned the whole collection.  I'd love to see Jim Walls create another game!

This whole Kickstarter thing has really been something hasn't it?  Between that and gog.com and all the awesome indie game developers in the last few years, I have been in hog heaven.  I really thought old-school adventure games were as good as dead...

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 11:05:29 AM »
Walls has also been in touch with Rudy of Sierra Chest. There is a Facebook Police Quest group that Walls reads.

Sektor

• Recruit
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 11:38:13 AM »
Yes great to see adventure games getting interest again.

Just posting this because I found it hilarious and it's partly about Jim Walls:

Dynamite Cop is a 1998/1999 Arcade game, it also came out on the Sega Dreamcast. It has cops brutally beating up people. I wonder what Jim Walls of Police Quest fame would have to say about it all?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnE13zSJuzQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnE13zSJuzQ</a>

Coincidentally, I listed my PQ3 5.25" HD floppy version on eBay today. Trouble with big box games and living in Australia, international postage would be killer.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 09:38:43 AM »
  I hope Jim Walls does make another Police quest like game. The last one he did with his son was called Blue Force. Not a great game but it didn't suck like Pq3.  I wish I could find out why Jim left Sierra.  I really enjoyed PQ1, 2, and 4.  A VGA remake of pq2 would be nice to see. 
**********Chadly*********************