Author Topic: Kings Quest For Steve video upload?  (Read 8211 times)

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
Kings Quest For Steve video upload?
« on: July 21, 2018, 09:45:23 AM »
For those of us unfortunate saps who missed the #KingsQuestForSteve video stream, will there be a link to the video anywhere?

I'm especially curious to see the "never-going-to-be-released Kingdom of Sorrow" build that Klytos made in action.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
Re: Kings Quest For Steve video upload?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 11:17:22 AM »
Hi!  I participated.  And, it was alot of fun.  Here's the url.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/287141758##

PS I won one of the questions!

Thank you, Adventuress!   :)

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 11:53:07 AM »
And from the IQ Twitter feed, here's the YouTube link that the Space Quest Historian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY25LB5eCzg

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 12:23:55 PM »
We didn't get to Kingdom of Sorrow in this stream, but we have a bunch of keys leftover and more KQ games to do, so I think we're going to do another!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 05:48:49 PM »
I really want to see Kingdom of Sorrow.  Is there a download link for that anywhere for those of us who want to play it?    I think that it was unfinished, but it would still be neat-o to see what was developed.

Klytos specifically referenced the "never-going-to-be-released Kingdom of Sorrow" build, so I'm pretty sure that KOS won't ever be released...  Besides, most of the art assets were re-used for The Order Of the Thorne: The King's Challenge.

Likely, Klytos or someone will simply showcase a quick demo of KOS for what WAS completed...

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 09:26:53 PM »
aha!  I've played The Order of the Thorne.  I hope that they will come out with another one once Roehme to Ruin is complete when Bt is better.

Yes, the plan is to finish the story with the second game, The Order Of The Thorne: Fortress Of Fire:

In the Land of Sunlight, the sudden appearance of a mysterious, menacing fortress plunges the isolated kingdom into darkness.  Brother Caradoc, a Knight in the Order Of The Thorne, and his squire, Patrick, are sent to find Brother Eoin and discover the cause of the chaos.  However, upon their arrival in the desolate land, Brother Caradoc is captured and Patrick is wounded.  Alone and untested, the young squire must now rescue Caradoc and defeat the Fortress of Fire.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 12:14:48 AM »
The Kingdom of Sorrow demo is literally the introduction to the game. It's all about King Graham and his family so there's literally nothing in it we could reuse. The game itself is completely different to OOTT but some of the artwork was reused, probably about 50%.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

shoptroll

• Lackey
  • Liked: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 08:23:20 PM »
If anyone wants to see some of the art that was re-used the old Kingdom of Sorrow page was archived by archive.org: https://web.archive.org/web/20121019102438/http://www.infamous-adventures.com/home/index.php?page=games

There's definitely a couple of backgrounds that were obviously re-puprosed for OotT:TKC