Author Topic: Saved games lost during Windows upgrade  (Read 3077 times)

compudima

Saved games lost during Windows upgrade
« on: August 28, 2016, 01:07:29 AM »
I am playing Quest for Infamy on Steam.  I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and all my saved games are gone.  I don't see any saved games under Windows.old.  Is there any way for me to get my saved games back?

shoptroll

• Lackey
  • Liked: 27
    • View Profile
Re: Saved games lost during Windows upgrade
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 09:39:52 AM »
It looks like the AGS engine puts the saved games inside the "Saved Games" folder in your user profile.  Do you see a Quest for Infamy or Quest for Infamy 1.1 directory there?

compudima

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 02:26:28 PM »
Yes, I have a folder called "Quest for Infamy v1.1" there and there is one file there named "agssave.999".  As I recall from the old days, AGS produces one save file per saved game.  I had lots of saved games, so it seems that something is wrong here.  I don't see any saved games at all when I try to load from within the game.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 07:10:31 PM »
all i can think of is sadly a joke

1. uninstall win 10 or put it away on a HD in a closet somewhere until games and dx12 matter and ms cares about small stuff like, a working os, a working browser, old games that used old copy protection to not work, to work again, drivers for small things like oh  controllers ...esp windows made ones.. wtf.. ms you suck

2. install win 7 or xp pro.

3. enjoy old gaming..

sorry  again, once you upgraded from 7 to 10 it should list apps that will be effected, its best done on a clean drive.
and even if its not in the list its not likely win10 saved those.. as they branched into MYDOCS which isnt the same anymore.

id have to look into ags and saved games and the mydocs files,
there is a way to tell for sure but.. you wont like it

thats roll back to win 7.. and see if they are there..
or start over the game from scratch (its not that long of a game honestly the best option if you cant recover the data)
heck only option.

4. win 10  sucks.. truly.. it will be awesome  only for a few AAA dx12 titles  and thats about it for the next 2-5 years
ickkkyyy

my win 10 pro is ssd is sitting in my closet. never to be used  spit spit

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"