Author Topic: Do Internet Commercials piss You Off?  (Read 6944 times)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
Do Internet Commercials piss You Off?
« on: March 07, 2015, 12:17:15 AM »
Hey all.  Does all the commercials on the Net piss You off?  It does me.  Sure i know thats the way websites make money, but damn it! Christ man, I pay 50 bucks a  month for the net, and every site esp Youtube has 30 sec commercials.  I remember when the net was almost commercial free.  So is the times I guess/       Chadly :)
**********Chadly*********************

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
Re: Do Internet Commercials piss You Off?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 07:16:30 AM »
For quite some time now, every video has an add introduction  >:(
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 07:49:13 AM »
YouTube pisses me off the most. Other websites aren't too bad, I can ignore, but YouTube just drives me insane. Especially since they started larger than 10 minute videos and they split the video sometimes mid-word to play a fucking commercial.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

DrSlash

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 727
    • buckazoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 07:56:10 AM »
Just install AdBlock, it works perfectly for me. Also note that it won't work on websites owned by Google (i.e. YouTube) if you are using Chrome, so that might be a reason for consideration to start using another browser.

P.S. Chrome sucks ass.
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests".

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 08:48:43 AM »
What would you use instead of Chrome? IE sucks dog balls, Firefox is god awful slow.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

DrSlash

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • buckazoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 11:09:25 AM »
Opera. Besides, newer versions of IE are not that bad, really.
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests".

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 01:14:25 PM »
What gets me is the shorter clips.

When I want to watch a small news clip or whatever (~30-60 seconds long), and I have to sit through a couple of 15-second commercials or a 30-second advertisement...

The advertisements are almost longer than the clip I want to watch!   >:(

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 09:48:40 AM »
I use firefox.  Never had a problem with it being slow.

Bt

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 06:31:39 PM »
That's because you haven't upgraded to a current generation browser to see the speed difference.

As for Opera, it's based on Chromium so why bother? Just use Chrome.

DrSlash

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • buckazoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 06:39:15 AM »
Well, first of all, you can block YouTube ads in Opera (which is the point of this thread). Secondly, it uses much less RAM than Chrome, which makes it better for slower PCs. The reason Chrome needs so much RAM is because before opening a webpage, it tries to run it in like ten different processes for safety purposes, which is pretty redundant considering everyone these days has an antivirus installed.

The main reason Chrome used to rock was because it exploited a bug in Windows that made it run way faster than any other browser. Since then the said bug has been fixed by Microsoft and Chrome is no longer any better than its counterparts.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2015, 08:44:47 AM »
I think that's a broad statement saying everyone runs anti-virus. I don't for one and I doubt I'm the only person out there. There's a hell of a lot of people who use a computer who know nothing about them and wouldn't know what an anti-virus was, and if they had one preinstalled it's probably expired.

But you're right too, apart from Microsoft, all modern browsers use the same core technology so it really then comes down to what the browser does that another one doesn't.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2015, 11:52:22 AM »
I used Chrome.  It sucked balls.  I mean, like, giant donkey balls.  Like huge Hog balls.  The way it splits into several programs just resource hogs like crazy.

Bt

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 07:41:14 AM »
I love that resources are an issue for you. Buy a computer made after 2000 and it'll probably work fine.

Broomie

• Chief Administrator
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 581
    • https://www.facebook.com/brooomie
    • broomie
    • https://twitter.com/jbroomie/
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/JBroomie
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 08:23:25 AM »
As a web developer, Chrome all the way. The number of resources it uses doesn't affect my computer that much and I don't have a super machine either. Granted, it has some issues and has a torrid relationship with Shockwave/Flash nowerdays but the interface is clean, it's still one of the better performing/faster browsers and the list of add-ons is fantastic. Chrome taught me how to code better and even though Firefox and Opera offer source inspector/developer tools as well as a bunch of extensions I'm just too adjusted with Chrome.

And oddly enough there's something about Opera I've never really liked. It feels like I'm opening up a much more broader program than a simple internet browser. I feel the same way about Firefox but I used to use that alot. I know they're not resource hungry programs but it's a weird, psychological thing I have. I just don't like them. I'm weird - don't trust me.

I'm having a better relationship (web dev wise) with IE these days but before it could fuck right off. Infact I stopped bothering to code websites to be compatible with browser versions between IE6 and IE9 because if you're using an outdated browser you deserve to have a poorer internet experience. Unless you're at work and can't do anything about it but to be honest you should be working, slacker.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 12:18:39 PM »
When will this website be Netscape 4.0 compliant?

And what about Mosaic compliance?  I keep searching Alta Vista, but to no avail...   :(