Author Topic: A Tale of Two Kingdoms - now available  (Read 8450 times)

Fizzii

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1039
    • View Profile
A Tale of Two Kingdoms - now available
« on: February 11, 2017, 11:28:34 PM »
Crystal Shard is pleased to announce that we are officially working on a deluxe version of A Tale of Two Kingdoms!

A Tale of Two Kingdoms is a graphical adventure in the style of the classic Sierra games. Set in the world of Celtic mythology and fairy tales, it features many sidequests and alternate endings. For this new release, we are doing a Deluxe Edition with a new interactive prologue, several graphic updates, and professional voice acting.

The ancient kingdom of Theylinn is beset by enemies. Within the castle walls, nobles vie for the old King's favor, and not everybody is happy with the sole heir to the throne, princess Rhiannon. Meanwhile, danger approaches, in the form of an invading army, a hostile giant, and a mercenary troop who are ancient enemies of the Theylann king...

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLI4DeqFP80

Please support us and help to get this game Greenlit on Steam:
http://crystalshard.net/steam.php (to open Greenlight page in Steam client)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=861490245 (web link)
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

MusicallyInspired

• Villain
  • Liked: 120
    • View Profile
Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms - on Steam Greenlight
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 11:03:17 PM »
I voted. I remember this game well. Never did finish it, though (to my shame). I remember it had beautiful artwork, a wide open world to explore, and I enjoyed the music. Good luck!

Brainiac

• Lackey
  • Liked: 58
  • Game Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 04:14:38 PM »
Amusingly, I was just recently replaying this and referring it to an Irish friend of mine who very much enjoys Celtic mythology. I imagine we'll both be keeping an eye on this (though I will most likely await a DRM-free option).
There is balance in all things. Live in symmetry with the world around you. If you must blow things up and steal from those around you, THAT'S WHAT RPGS ARE FOR!

Official Member of the VGL Street Team

Fizzii

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 05:54:19 PM »
Thanks guys :)

@Brainiac We will post the game on Itch.IO for those that prefer not to use Steam (the game is actually DRM free on Steam too). We'll approach GOG sometime in the near future and hopefully they will be open to having the game on their store as well.
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

Brainiac

• Lackey
  • Game Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 11:22:16 PM »
Cool. Looking forward to it.
There is balance in all things. Live in symmetry with the world around you. If you must blow things up and steal from those around you, THAT'S WHAT RPGS ARE FOR!

shoptroll

• Lackey
  • Liked: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 09:25:47 PM »
Voted!  Best of luck!

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 10:58:50 PM »
Off topic a bit but it truly amazes me the sheer number of people who think Steam = DRM.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

MusicallyInspired

• Villain
  • Liked: 120
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 11:44:05 PM »
It's a bad stigma for sure. But one that Valve earned. It's like convincing the average person that Apple doesn't make the best computers. You just can't do it. They should never have been so restrictive. It's actually a good number of games that have no DRM whatsoever (connected with Steam, anyway). Only the big triple-A ones really.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 11:50:55 PM »
yea for some reason most get confused with an api vs a drm,
no clue how..

shrug.
amazes me too mate. and yep sorry this is off topic just felt the need to post
esp with the denuvo haters claiming 3+ drms per game (steam being one) like huh?

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 02:36:06 AM »
I'm not a Mac person by any stretch, but since getting one I can certainly appreciate that it really does just work like it's supposed to a heck of a lot more than my PC does.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Brainiac

• Lackey
  • Game Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 09:33:09 AM »
Off topic a bit but it truly amazes me the sheer number of people who think Steam = DRM.

I'm aware of the differences and that Steam can serve as a download system at minimum. The problem is it's the minimum, not the maximum. If it's possible for restrictions to exist on what I purchase, I avoid it. S'why I've never bought any Steam-only stuff via Humble or other storefronts. It may be excessive, but after literally losing titles upon system upgrades before, I avoid things like this as much as possible, whenever possible.

That, and it makes a good excuse to keep me away. Seriously, Steam sales would likely bankrupt me in a matter of months, if not weeks. Between that and their continuous attempt to avoid making effort in curation, I basically use "avoiding DRM" as shorthand for a multitude of reasons I avoid Steam as much as possible (not least of which is a preference for physical media...yes, yes, I know, get off my lawn, ya urchins).

Honestly though, I just really appreciate the attempts of the smaller storefronts like Humble (sometimes) and GOG (virtually always) to not act like every consumer is just another potential thief. And to be fair, quite a few game companies don't help the concept of Steam-as-DRM either when they advertise both a Steam and DRM-free option for PC versions. Kinda hard to avoid the Steam = DRM conclusion there.

GOG is my storefront of choice, but I do know its curation is pretty darn high (another advantage over the unmitigated disaster that is/was Steam Greenlight). However, given its origins as Good Old Games, I kinda think a love letter to the old Sierra games should have a pretty good shot at getting on.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 07:40:00 PM »
gog rocks

and has goodies and games steam will never get to release

also steams dos bos configs rarely get updated and gog update constantly.

I do use steam. but gog also, i prefer gog, but steam is sorta needed these days if you want specific games (or its console counterpart) and I dislike consoles of the new age.

as for mac well thats why i preach vulkan so much, take doom for example ran cross platform and flawlessly.
vs 99% of all AAA titles that rarely run if at all even 7 months after release.
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 05:57:34 AM »
I appreciate the curation issues, Steam is a cesspool of half assed products a lot of the time. Steam Sales are pretty horrible on the wallet, although I don't get to involved in them.

Fizzii

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
Re: A Tale of Two Kingdoms - now available
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2017, 02:22:20 AM »