Author Topic: Bug: Pickpocket Calik the HQ/QFG Adventurer = Max out Infamy Points!  (Read 4165 times)

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
I know there's a bug to get infinite money from the Thieves' Den,

...But I just discovered a bug to get infinite (or at least a lot of) Infamy Points:

I'm playing as a Brigand and went to the Docks to try to pick the pocket of Calik, the HQ/QFG adventurer, at the Salty Dog.  While I didn't do it in any of my three playthroughs, I did read about it on the forums as a way to get +10 Infamy Points.

My thievery as a Brigand is only 5 (quite low), so it took A LOT of clicks (and awkward replies of why I was pawing at Calik in my terrible attempts at pickpocketing him) to get it to trigger.  The Narrator says Roehm gets 731 blys from the successful pickpocketing and 10 Infamy Points.

I wondered if there was anything else to pickpocket -- being a fellow adventurer, I KNOW they can hold just as much stuff in their Pockets of Inifinity as Mr. Roehm can in his!  By clicking on Calik many, MANY more times, I got another notice: 731 blys / 10 Infamy Points!  I kept doing this until I gained about 50 or 60 Infamy Points total, and went to check my Blythos Pouch.  However, the number of blys didn't seem to change between the last two successful pocket pickings...   :'(

So, to ensure I was getting the initial 731 blys: I restored the game right before I started pickpocketing, noted the number of blys in my Pouch, and got to groping...  When the first successful notice appeared, I checked my blys: no change.  BUT the Infamy Points indexed by 10.   :D

While I did continue a few more times to get several 10 point increases to my Infamy rating, my blythos did not index by +731 -- ever.  I still had the same amount I started with... just with more Infamy Points than I should have been able to get!

I assume a higher Thievery skill -- like a highly successful Rogue who has broken into many houses and the bank -- will make it easier to pick Calik's pockets, with many fewer clicks required.  Once I finish up my Brigand bug review, go into the Virtual Bar, kick BT's bottom and get the screenshot to secure my inclusion on the future Plaque, I will test this theory to see if it bears out.

So... until version 1.1 comes out and this bug gets fixed: Get clicking, you scallywags!  I want to see screenshots of Infamy Points well into the thousands!  (And NO Photoshopping!)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Re: Bug: Pickpocket Calik the HQ/QFG Adventurer = Max out Infamy Points!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 10:28:08 PM »
nah i wont lol but i did notice that too

i wont even play the other paths again until stuff is fixed lol
but funny

I can say I did get around 860 infamy before I stopped
where my normal play is around mid 300's or so for sorc

thats without the bank code btw

funny mate!
and yea its known.. or i think bt knew about the infamy part too
i know I found it...
lol
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Re: Bug: Pickpocket Calik the HQ/QFG Adventurer = Max out Infamy Points!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 12:36:35 PM »
hmm as for pickpocketing

id have loved to see MORE Content, on all paths but damn again as most say, this game is HUUUUGE already

but there arent many places to use skills, spells etc
sorc have only 1 side quest.. kinda lame etc

just wish more was there for the skills we did/do have

again tho my review will be made after the patch, here is hoping something comes out to working a bit better and a little more content,

yea no plans on playing those paths or id be right on that about getting infamy points see how high they can gooooo

lol

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

roeadventue32

• Villain
  • Liked: 23
    • View Profile
I know there's a bug to get infinite money from the Thieves' Den,

...But I just discovered a bug to get infinite (or at least a lot of) Infamy Points:

I'm playing as a Brigand and went to the Docks to try to pick the pocket of Calik, the HQ/QFG adventurer, at the Salty Dog.  While I didn't do it in any of my three playthroughs, I did read about it on the forums as a way to get +10 Infamy Points.

My thievery as a Brigand is only 5 (quite low), so it took A LOT of clicks (and awkward replies of why I was pawing at Calik in my terrible attempts at pickpocketing him) to get it to trigger.  The Narrator says Roehm gets 731 blys from the successful pickpocketing and 10 Infamy Points.

I wondered if there was anything else to pickpocket -- being a fellow adventurer, I KNOW they can hold just as much stuff in their Pockets of Inifinity as Mr. Roehm can in his!  By clicking on Calik many, MANY more times, I got another notice: 731 blys / 10 Infamy Points!  I kept doing this until I gained about 50 or 60 Infamy Points total, and went to check my Blythos Pouch.  However, the number of blys didn't seem to change between the last two successful pocket pickings...   :'(

So, to ensure I was getting the initial 731 blys: I restored the game right before I started pickpocketing, noted the number of blys in my Pouch, and got to groping...  When the first successful notice appeared, I checked my blys: no change.  BUT the Infamy Points indexed by 10.   :D

While I did continue a few more times to get several 10 point increases to my Infamy rating, my blythos did not index by +731 -- ever.  I still had the same amount I started with... just with more Infamy Points than I should have been able to get!

I assume a higher Thievery skill -- like a highly successful Rogue who has broken into many houses and the bank -- will make it easier to pick Calik's pockets, with many fewer clicks required.  Once I finish up my Brigand bug review, go into the Virtual Bar, kick BT's bottom and get the screenshot to secure my inclusion on the future Plaque, I will test this theory to see if it bears out.

So... until version 1.1 comes out and this bug gets fixed: Get clicking, you scallywags!  I want to see screenshots of Infamy Points well into the thousands!  (And NO Photoshopping!)

Yes same with magic flower, and brig training gos over limit, but my guess is this has no effect on gameplay.

From what I have seen anything above 110 dose nothing, so there is no real advantage to any of this. It wont help you, because again stats above a certain level dont seem to effect anything. This is not like a mmo rpg, or even qfg 5. Stats dont even effect health.

If you clicked to 1000 magic, it would be the same as 100 with a slopy stat sheet. There seem to be no spiecal actions enabled for higher magic, except the animations/damage that change for the last time at 80.

Also, in addition I have seen no change in the ending based on infamy, if its 165 or 310, same 3 people/group to help you reguardless of infamy, + mentor inderectly.

Its all set within the confines of simple and direct perscribed limits, you actully cant cheat. Set it to a million and you still wont be able to one shot stuff. The game simply wont take it into account.

In other words it would just be that players fancy and nothing more.
I am a one note man, I play it all I can.

roeadventue32

• Villain
  • Liked: 23
    • View Profile
I Was wrong on ONE point. Hacking, slashing, and stabbing really do something if they exceeded the limits in 1.1 for brig...from brig training area use, my brig got so strong he one shoted rayford at the end of the game. Yet the power move did not ht for much at all, I think, its not hooked up to the stats past a certain point.
I am a one note man, I play it all I can.