Author Topic: Bug (1.1, GOG-Version): Mousewheel not working after open-lock-spell...  (Read 10585 times)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Re: Bug (1.1, GOG-Version): Mousewheel not working after open-lock-spell...
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2015, 09:10:15 AM »
i cant speak for all
but i know bt and i believe klytos all mentioned they move the mouse to the top of the screen and click the option they want, or use hotkeys, not the mousewheel,

again as for testing everything   hell yea!
thats better done in beta or such to find the bugs, but, thats how ya do it!

just odd that the same spell no matter what you seem to do causes this,
and so far ive been able to do nothing with the nest, just a standard sierra tribute i believe, as well, every game almost had one.. kq and qfg lol

id wish to set the tree on fire

also in the 1.1 patch there is a tree that rohem goes, nah i just dont feel like climbing that one, not sure as in 1.0 you could climb it.. didnt do anything but yea..
still loads of bugs, but the game just rocks

again though im not sure how well the mousewheel was tested, coming from the era of no mouse or mousewheel its just a habit to NOT use that.. and dont right click that does go to fast, just MOVE the mouse to the top of the screen , the game pauses tada (or use the help hot keys)
like ole LA games
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Athanasius

• Testers
  • Lackey
  • Liked: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2015, 09:29:02 AM »
I've played them all back in the time (everything from LA and especially the QfGs from Sierra), but today I appreciate the little comfort a mousewheel gives me.

But you are right, friend: The game rocks! I have Pillars of Eternity and Divinity Original Sin here waiting for my love - but QfI beats them both for me at the moment. I'm happy that the great Adv/RPG-Mix-Genre lives on. :)

Athanasius

• Testers
  • Lackey
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2015, 11:13:52 AM »
FYI: Over at GOG, a kind soul (programmer chucklas) had a helpful tip: If I enter the spellbook without choosing a spell and exit it, the mousewheel works again. I don't ask why, but it does. :)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2015, 12:57:09 PM »
neat fix!

glad he could help, strange though i cant replicate it !
grrs

pillars   aka baldurs gate new game :)  its, well, mind numbingly boring, gets to a point where to many issues and to many backers in the game which make someone think the SOULS are important when they are just backers, and sooo many plaques on the walls with names.
i wouldnt say its a bad game at all, but, it becomes more a chore to play than it is fun,
to many things like the keep upgrades that dont need to exist, the whole keep is pointless really,
tooo many issues for that game for me, near the end i just started attacking everyone just out of boredom

divinty.. ick...
but to each his own

im shocked you havent played QFI totally yet, me pushing 150 hrs in it .. mainly testing then there was the BT IQ bar hunt hehe

and hey man if you love the mouse wheel ! keep trucking, just saying i cant replicate it, and never tested it to well as i use the hotkeys or the top bar
just used to the old days of no mouse wheels :)

anyway whoop whoop on the spell book fix
maybe he has insight on whats causing it since there IS a fix. would imply knowing there is an issue.

:)

Athanasius

• Testers
  • Lackey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2015, 01:21:30 PM »
Pillars isn't a bad game, not at all. In my opinion it deserves the Baldur's Gate-comparisons more than anything else in the last ten-twelve years (man what was I disappointed by Dragon Age, the so called spiritual successor), but I don't think it can beat BG and PS:T. And the whole soul-thing with the backers is really annoying, you are right. And as for Divinity - I bought it mainly because I've read so many Ultima VII-references about it. It definitely isn't a new Ultima VII (Driftmoon gives me more UVII-vibes) and when I began to play it, I thought all the time: "Ultima VII made this better" (for example, Divinity doesn't even have day-night-cycle, which is a crucial thing for me)  :D Well, I'm too spoiled by the great classics I think.
That's also a point why I love QfI: It takes an almost perfect gameplay-formula and enhances it with own ideas without getting to far away from the origins, while using a new narrative approach and telling a own story. It's classy and modern, familiar and original at the same time. And that's the best thing I can wish from a game. :)

Ok, that was quite a bit OT, terribly sorry chaps ;)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 02:06:59 PM »
no pillars isnt a bad game at ALL
just there is much wrong with it

1. it uses a system that tried to mimic the old dnd style but cant use anything related
this leads to skills that are pointless, having say monks being thieves with no dex and picking locks and traps etc
also not many skills and spells are picked for you unless you are a mage which blows

2. the ammount of filler crud is overwhelminly sad. the souls and the plaques are nice for backers but flood the game with pointless stuff you think might be important say to reach to a soul when really its just a backer.

the filler also includes the keep, being pointless truly, time is also pointless which is odd, you can just rest build rest build and have the keep maxed out in just a few minutes with enough gold. which i never spent on anything in the game ever.

3. gold= pointless  enchanting  potion making  scroll making and using  all pointless really

the game itself id give something like blackguards ranking of 4/10 or 5/10  not high but not low either just meh, glad i didnt back that game.

as far as divinity, driftmoon does give that vibe more for sure, but idk i just really didnt like divinity,
i did play and liked pillars until near the end and then it just gets really, long drawn out and boring

qfi on the other hand never got boring, i mean really 150 hours and i am pleased to say i still find new crap ! :) awesome awesome  9.5/10 for qfi
sorry again its OT  haha
i buddied you so wanna chat games hit me ups

and im really GLAD that fix worked for ye'

PS im spoiled by great classics also, games these days (most) just dont have that "savoir faire"

but im an infocom nerd and again i just keep going TASS TIMES IN TOWN TOWN  BT GET ON IT!!!!
hehe
use unreal on that sucker and lets make it happen

:) way ot

xxbbcc

I can reproduce the mousewheel bug at will - trying to cast the unlock spell breaks the mousewheel for command icons. Opening the inventory fixes it - looks like the scrolling is re-established and it keeps working after closing the inventory.

I'm using the GOG 1.1 version of the game on Windows 8.1.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
its been looked at
i tried it on gog and tis true

steam ver works however.. its prolly just not patched up yet  bt and kyltos cant make gog put it up faster i dont think.
but its odd its not updated yet.