Public Forums > Banter and Chit-Chat!

What do y'all think of "mage's initiation"?

(1/17) > >>

7legion77:
I hate to say it, but I just viewed their kickstarter video and their game seems quite boring.
The one thing that differentiates QFI from Mage's Initiation is humor and originality. The raunchy style of Infamy is far more entertaining than a predictable, vanilla G-rated generic fantasy game.

Just my opinion.

Lambonius:
I think Himalaya will produce a top quality product with really tight programming and decent production values.  As to their choice of subject matter--I can only speculate.  It really depends on how well they differentiate between the four magic types to make the classes feel different.  Personally, I always considered the mage to be one of the least interesting character types in most RPGs, though Quest For Glory made up for it with a number of interesting optional story and puzzle elements for that class.  I think the writing in the AGDI/Himalaya fantasy games (namely their KQ remakes with added plot elements) is a bit on the generic fantasy side--I wasn't a fan of the Father storyline or all the silly prophecy stuff they tried to add to tie the KQ games together.  It wasn't quite as bad as TSL, if only because the AGDI writers can actually write believable and non-cheesy dialog--something Pheonix Online still has trouble with, even in Cognition.  I'm looking forward to giving Mage's Initiation a try though.  Despite the potentially bland subject matter, I do have faith in their ability to deliver a fun and interesting adventure game experience.

Klytos:
I think it'll be good. Daniel Stacey can write a good story, and not having to tie together all the various KQ games and being given free reign with a story will be good to see. I thought Al Emmo was quite good so I look forward to it.

Blackthorne:
Let me tell you - from what I've seen, it's actually really cool.  I'm rather psyched about it.  I feel like it's almost a companion piece to QFI - QFI is more about playing as a scoundrel/thief, and Mage's is an adventure for Magic users.  Now I think we have to have another game about a Barbarian and we're all set!

Bt

Lambonius:
Ted the Barbarian?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version