Author Topic: Sorcerer prologue guide to extraordinary achievement.  (Read 18376 times)

roeadventue32

• Villain
  • Liked: 23
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer prologue guide to extraordinary achievement.
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2015, 08:28:42 AM »
Try to get through the game with less than 100 infamy.

There's no "special" ending that's only available to certain levels.

I dont get you. Need payment for the extra content? ok, how much? Also what benfit less 100 infamy?
I am a one note man, I play it all I can.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2015, 08:53:34 AM »
You've lost me. What do you mean payment? Everybody gets the same ending regardless of anything they've done in-game.

If you finish the game with less than 100 infamy, your mentors won't help you. Kurdt for example will say "I think we can take our chances. We've been through different Mayors down in Tyr before and survived just fine." instead of sneaking you in by boat. That's why I say your infamy affects how your mentor treats you after your escape from the Morroi compound. There's no benefit, there's a benefit for finishing with more than 100. You have obviously always finished the game with more than 100 infamy.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

roeadventue32

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2015, 09:21:20 AM »
You've lost me. What do you mean payment? Everybody gets the same ending regardless of anything they've done in-game.

If you finish the game with less than 100 infamy, your mentors won't help you. Kurdt for example will say "I think we can take our chances. We've been through different Mayors down in Tyr before and survived just fine." instead of sneaking you in by boat. That's why I say your infamy affects how your mentor treats you after your escape from the Morroi compound. There's no benefit, there's a benefit for finishing with more than 100. You have obviously always finished the game with more than 100 infamy.

Not even trying you get 165, seems getting just 100 would take effort, instead of other way around.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2015, 02:26:01 PM »
he meant .. different lvls   assuming it was a backer thing

again in 1.0 i got really low infamy, just to see what it would do,
but sadly i dont recally anything like that, or was it i was to focused on the bt bar hunt

hmm

which one is secret? or special lol .. the good high infamy or the low i did good deeds one?

"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2015, 05:43:15 PM »

April Foo--  I mean,

May Fools !!!   ;D

There is no secret ending that allows you to play the first few scenes of QFI2.

In a fit of boredom, I made it all up just to see if I could devise a short little "game" that would be fitting for the epic start of QFI2...

Sounded pretty convincing, no?   ;)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2015, 05:49:44 PM »
 :o
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

roeadventue32

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2015, 06:51:53 AM »

April Foo--  I mean,

May Fools !!!   ;D

There is no secret ending that allows you to play the first few scenes of QFI2.

In a fit of boredom, I made it all up just to see if I could devise a short little "game" that would be fitting for the epic start of QFI2...

Sounded pretty convincing, no?   ;)

Thats actully too bad I have done everything qfi infamy and there is nothing left to do. I want you guys to know yours is the only game where I did over 6 playthroughs back to back, and more partials. Never discovered bracers of health btw.

However if you ignore what your supposed to do kay wll meet you walking tword farm and remind you of your promise, if you also have the letter and hummel done before the treees meeting she will say something else.

OH and I partaily disagree with the what has nostalga done for use lately...one click all in all forced path mondern games are so simple and utterly pointless not to mention unimagintive, a brain dead monkey could solve them,...just click on shite enough...and jumping from point a to point b is just a cop out.

Got enough of that in mario brothers.

New or old I like selecting my actions, I like needing to use the save, qfi is already made without  dead ends. Please dont limit choices or interactions. Having fun and trying things and needing to think is what its all about after all.

Its also about ridddeling and thinking in new ways, but its not about everything to be new for newness sake or being trendy, in the end that ruined seira games.

Thats the flip side of the coin. Such games wont stand the test of time and there are easier better ways to turn a buck. Be Innovative sure, but in a good way. If you kill what makes it special you lose your niche and you cant compeat anyway but.....Why would you want to in thef irst place?

Oh and have some balls, dont worry so much about offending people within reason. You dont need that token crap in your games, or the qualifacations, they seem obvious and odd and go against the feel of the game. Its too obviously intentional if you get me.

Remember place and time and context and that this is fiction, not ever time and place is 2015 modern earth. Gamming is eascapism in part, remember that...its also entirly fiction, and if someone is offended by that within reason, they are very damn insucure and childish given the context.

Context is everything.

Games dont need to be propaganda, its fantasy and other reality, and time and place. Just let the story be ture in its fiction stand and speak  for itself.

As a side note, its not enough for some people to be right, and confident in there view they want the conflict to end, even in stories, they want the idea its self not to exsist. They want to kill an idea. This creates tensions...and gos aginst what they are trying to do and this is foolish.

Without stories, good and the bad, the foolish and the enlightened, how could one ever ilistrate ones point?...even if that were what one was trying to do...and by the by not everything has an in intiontal point, somethings are just entertainment and escapism for the most part.

Sometimes a thing really dose not have to mean anything and you dont have to overthink everything, even if its sometimes fun to do so.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2015, 07:48:24 AM »
Well the same could be said of some p&c Sierra adventure. Simply select an inventory item and keep clicking on things until something happens. I wasn't trying to say that looking back to the old games we played 20+ years ago is a bad thing, but if we keep making the same games over and over we become redundant. If every game I make references an old Sierra game in puzzle or dialog, what the point of the new game? It's just the same old thing with a new coat of paint. That's why some game series die; there's nothing new there.

I'll also say in defense of streamlining icons, is there a game out there where there's a need for both talk and interact? I'm sure there's a couple of examples but I think the majority of games one or the other is superfluous at any given point. In Space Quest 1 for example, clicking the talk icon on the barman in the cantina would make sense, clicking the hand on him does nothing. Clicking the talk icon on the pokie machine makes sense, clicking the talk icon does nothing.

Josh Mandel once said that removing the parser interface meant a loss of interaction that he then had to work out how to replace in a different way. So Freddy Pharkas used a lot of inventory on inventory puzzles instead which developed the genre in a new direction. That is how we can learn from the past but not be stuck there.

As for save games, I'm sorry but having to use a save to finish a game is simply poor design, and not just by today's standards. If I need to see what's written in a death message to figure out the correct way to do something, the designer didn't signpost that particular puzzle properly. Yes QFI has no dead-ends, but that's because we intentionally made it that way. I don't have a problem with say in SQ1 for example (again) where if you forget to get the piece of glass from the shuttle you can't progress. I have a problem with the piece of glass not being visible and there being nothing to tell you about it except guesswork.

I have no idea what you're talking about with offending people... :)
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

roeadventue32

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2015, 07:57:18 AM »
Well the same could be said of some p&c Sierra adventure. Simply select an inventory item and keep clicking on things until something happens. I wasn't trying to say that looking back to the old games we played 20+ years ago is a bad thing, but if we keep making the same games over and over we become redundant. If every game I make references an old Sierra game in puzzle or dialog, what the point of the new game? It's just the same old thing with a new coat of paint. That's why some game series die; there's nothing new there.

I'll also say in defense of streamlining icons, is there a game out there where there's a need for both talk and interact? I'm sure there's a couple of examples but I think the majority of games one or the other is superfluous at any given point. In Space Quest 1 for example, clicking the talk icon on the barman in the cantina would make sense, clicking the hand on him does nothing. Clicking the talk icon on the pokie machine makes sense, clicking the talk icon does nothing.

Josh Mandel once said that removing the parser interface meant a loss of interaction that he then had to work out how to replace in a different way. So Freddy Pharkas used a lot of inventory on inventory puzzles instead which developed the genre in a new direction. That is how we can learn from the past but not be stuck there.

As for save games, I'm sorry but having to use a save to finish a game is simply poor design, and not just by today's standards. If I need to see what's written in a death message to figure out the correct way to do something, the designer didn't signpost that particular puzzle properly. Yes QFI has no dead-ends, but that's because we intentionally made it that way. I don't have a problem with say in SQ1 for example (again) where if you forget to get the piece of glass from the shuttle you can't progress. I have a problem with the piece of glass not being visible and there being nothing to tell you about it except guesswork.

I have no idea what you're talking about with offending people... :)

OK for exsample QFG 5's interface was bad..it was so simple it could even lead to mistakes, overall good game...abut they art style, ye gods. Still one did have to think at least a bit. That and the mechanics and options saved it.

Rosella's last adventre kq7 had a bad interface and was overly simplistic, except for a couple puzzels. Still I liked it though in a way it had charm.

Yes but with the defirnt icons its not as easy...you must think more and your not so quickly through the game. It also makes you feel as if you decide the action and not the game for you by simply clicking. Or at least it seems as such and thats fun.

This also allows for more fun narrator options  and respones like gabe night 1, I did not like that remakes way. Infact I never finished the remake of gabe knight 1 because of its interface at least not yet...the interface annoyed me to the point it actully eclips the new content and art and my desire to see it.

Thats actully really saying something considering how greedy for content and obbsessed with my fav games I am. you have no idea.

No, there is nothing wrong with innovation, its needed, but one must be careful of the path one chooses.

You can actully make things less advanced and less involved by trying to make them more advanced. Adding can good but tacking away can sometimes hurt...but only if it limits by over simplifaction and over streamlining, by taking away options, little interactions and respones...choices.

Adventre games have always been exxcentic, thats half the fun...its only reduntant if its not fun in my view.

hybrids should have a mordovian combat save though, that was good innovation in my book...the skill books where also fun and clever by the by.

The reason for dead ends that you can sometimes in revokably screw up is to prevent in a small way you solving by accedent.  Your choices actully matter.

On the other hand done badly this can limit fun, I would say you need to ballence it.

roeadventue32

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2015, 09:24:17 PM »
What if roehm was really from another world but he became a highlander yet could not remember his past?...and he cut off a enimes head, a song by queen played, a lightning storm, soon his memories came in flashes....and then....sorry just being silly....SO Let it be Roehm Mccloud!...could not help it....Moving on.

Roehm's iconic class in my view is brigand or theif, but ironicly a brigand is theif, just less subtle...roe is in the middle. I cant see the dude being off to see the wizard to be honest, or truly becoming such later on...but a little sword and sorcery like he can be now?...yeah maybe.

What about a lesire suit remake style unzip icon for roe? How would jan react to that ''you show jan your weiner...sorry just being mean, like when I offered him the ham.... Just kidding hes not larry....(I really did think that was what you did with the ham).... he dose have a pissing feture, though it doubles as attack icon.

Wrong sword, Dev's must have goofed on that one. hahaha

Good night, you've been great!

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2015, 10:28:27 AM »
Using @roeadventue32 's method described above, I was able to bulk up the fighting skills on my Brigand and Rogue during the "endless" first night for my version of the game, Humble ver 1.1.2.

Sorry that it'll be gone for version 1.2...   ;)

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2015, 10:01:33 AM »
OK, now I'm not lazy; just more of a... "path of least resistance" kind of guy, like Mr. Roehm!

Grinding the fighting stats wasn't too bad for my three characters during the endless first night, but grinding Mystical Power for the Sorcerer was a chore; frankly, it was truly a "grind"... 

I'm at 80 for Mystical Power, so I'll just get < thing#1 > and give it to < person >, who'll give me < thing#2 > where I can use it in < place > and get an extra < number > of Mystical Power points when I take < thing#3 > !