Author Topic: Revisiting Arx Fatalis  (Read 32044 times)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Re: Revisiting Arx Fatalis
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2014, 06:29:25 PM »
@nameless
as for the hunger
Idk why its doing that
I just roasted like 5 ribs in the start, ate them even though it never once said I was hungry

as for the console ver, they opted out of the drawing due to controllers SUCKING as you can see even a mouse (which is far more accurate) can barely draw the symbols(drawing the symbols to me is the KICK BUTT part of that game, though it IS wonky its awesome once u get it down pat. never fail a spell once after my 2nd play though :P

as for the sos.. why do you need the map revealed? esp on a 3rd play!

but that hunger thing irks me it shouldnt be doing that for you sorry mate

(sorry I cant make more comment, have to figure out how to pay for my x wifes cremation and services)
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2014, 10:24:10 PM »
Hey Hey , ok guy, hope you're doing ok.

The hunger thing has me stymied also. First thought something was wrong with my GOG copy. After installing the original 1.0 disk, updating to 1.21, then installing Libertatis, it started out ok, but along in the game it gradually started the starvation routine. Surely it couldn't be the special armor from the chair cheat that's causing an incessant appetite. Maybe if I used the leather or what ever it is armor from the chair cheat, or wait till later when it's found anyway. Hang in there dude.
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Baggins

• Villain
  • Liked: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2014, 03:00:11 PM »
Loved this game, played it earliest this year. Didn't have the issue with the starving. Hmm.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2014, 07:03:42 PM »
well even in its stock ver, there is PLENTY of food then the spell for it
namless just cant get the casting down, and in truth there is a bit of a trick to it, you dont even need to draw what the shape IS as long as you hit the key points..

but in later patch lib, hunger never pops up for me ever, not once in prolly 40+plays over the years
shrug

Baggins

• Villain
  • Liked: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2014, 10:36:23 PM »
I always took advantage of the option to keep spells on standby. That way they'd be on hand when I needed them the most. But I could prepare them when I had some peace.

BTW, I played the game largely as a rogue/thief. I loved how the game shared the light/dark mechanics of the Thief Series, and Dark Messiah.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2014, 07:30:44 AM »
sneak and bow and identify ftw

that plus lord innuts bow, and stealth = crit hit each time with fireball and arrow from bow, whoop

yep the darkness

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2014, 10:01:32 AM »
Actually, I've become quite proficient at casting several spells.

I believe I've discovered a game glitch that's a great benefit. On a recent completion of the game, I loaded up the most recent game save. Then I deleted all saves in the load screen, chose start new game. Was warned that current game would be deleted, clicked ok and started new game. After that, I noticed the map areas from previous game were still uncovered. Ok by me!
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2014, 11:17:39 AM »
haha that happened to me too yep its a bug but nice one !

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2014, 07:11:30 PM »
Has anyone been able to draw the SOS cheat for PC? I'm using Libertatis 1.12 64 bit. Would be nice to have a save game near or at start. Even anywhere in the game. It's my idea to play through the game with all maps completely uncovered, then use the bug/cheat to start a new game with maps still uncovered.

But in case anyone has completed the game with all maps completely uncovered with the SOS cheat, the last save would be even better. That way I could start a new game with all maps completely uncovered. Yea, I know, I'm stinkin lazy!

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2014, 08:24:19 AM »
still have no clue why you need or even want that
the maps dont really help much if at all esp if you know where you are going..

shrug, i have no issue with sos, shrug again

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2014, 10:47:43 AM »
I want to do it because it can be done. When something is doable, I too want to do it or at least die trying. Well, no literally. It's just not right that just a few people can do it. I once told my older brother that I was planning on rebuilding an automatic transmission. He laughed at me and said there's no way I could do it. With Chilton's repair manual and another used transmission for parts, I was successful. The rebuilt transmission worked better than it did when the car was first purchased. To top it off, I also rebuilt the transmission's valve body and had no parts left over.

I've watched videos of the SOS being drawn. Only thing is, the gamer was using the console version of the game. Forgive me, but I don't think the PC version allows drawing the secret spells. I've been successful with most of the regular rune spells. If nobody wants to share their PC save with maps completely uncovered, either it can't be done on the PC, or hm... I don't know what to think.

Any how, everyone have a good holiday and a bounty of fortunes in the coming year.

Oh, by the way, the video of the gamer drawing the secret cheats, they first drew the MAX (not a very good M) cheat, then drew the SOS cheat. Surely to goodness MAX is not required before SOS, which I cannot accomplish.

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2015, 07:00:58 AM »
When attempting to draw runes, I often make mistakes. Sometimes the mistake is a valid spell. Yesterday, I couldn't figure out why there was an FPS indicator in the upper left part of the screen. Libertatis was zipping along at an average 60 FPS.

>
>
>

Accidentally found out that F11 cycles the FPS indicator on/off in Pc game version.