Author Topic: Update / replace intro V.O. in QFI 2.0?  (Read 4648 times)

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
Update / replace intro V.O. in QFI 2.0?
« on: February 18, 2019, 12:30:09 PM »
Now that you are accepting submissions for potential voice actors for QFI: Roehm To Ruin, I had an odd thought:

It's highly likely that you will use two new voice actors for Alyssia and the Baron, as they have more lines/speaking parts in the prequel.  Will you update the introduction for QFI version 2.0 by using the new voices (for continuity's sake), or is that introduction pretty much set in stone, where it's not worth the time/effort to splice/overlay the new RTR voices?

It's not like you don't have enough to do for the time being, and I think I know the answer; just wondering...   ;)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: Update / replace intro V.O. in QFI 2.0?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 07:25:49 AM »
Probably not.  But, you never know.  I guess I'll see how it goes in the recording phase.  And then when I get to finishing QFI v2.0.

Heh.  I wish that like 100,00 more people had your enthusiasm for our stuff, man! 

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 10:59:53 AM »
I am supporative and enthusiastic too! I really think that someday there will be a resurgance in interest for adventure games like QFI and others. Maybe it's a pipe-dream?  Lots of people enjoyed these games in the past. And hey if Bell-bottom jeans can come back in style so can adventure games.  It just takes proper advertising. I'm tired of shoot-em ups and MMo's. Hell i tired of most games these days. Long live Infamous Quests!!! Lets KS for QFI2!!!!!
**********Chadly*********************

shoptroll

• Lackey
  • Liked: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 10:18:18 PM »
It'd be cool if the voices were consistent but I think most people aren't going to notice and it's not like a lot of developers go back and recast voices if the actors change in a later game, so I'm ok with the intro staying the way it is.

I am supporative and enthusiastic too! I really think that someday there will be a resurgance in interest for adventure games like QFI and others. Maybe it's a pipe-dream?  Lots of people enjoyed these games in the past. And hey if Bell-bottom jeans can come back in style so can adventure games.  It just takes proper advertising. I'm tired of shoot-em ups and MMo's. Hell i tired of most games these days. Long live Infamous Quests!!! Lets KS for QFI2!!!!!

Hey I'm liking Mage's Initiation!  Still need to play Hero-U and then get back to actually finishing QfI...

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 11:33:02 PM »
It'd be cool if the voices were consistent but I think most people aren't going to notice and it's not like a lot of developers go back and recast voices if the actors change in a later game, so I'm ok with the intro staying the way it is.

Agreed.  Most people won't know/recognize the difference (unless they play the two games back-to-back -- finish RTR & then immediately start QFI), and it's likely not worth the time & effort to re-do the QFI Intro VOs (digging up/finding old sound effects, music files, etc.).

However, since the characters in RTR will be saying the same exact lines as QFI, it was just a though I was had to bring QFI 2.0 in-line with RTR...   ;)

========================================

Oh, and one final art quibble: in most of RTR, the entrance to the Baron's castle is decorated and there is a red-and-white tent off to the side of the front right round tower.  However, when Roehm escapes (to match QFI's intro), the tent and decorations are gone...

Was it because after Alyssia hit him over the head, Roehm was knocked out for so long that the party has been over for a while (passage of time) and it's well into the night?  This would seem to be the case, since all of the lights in the castle are out...  Would the Baron have had his staff immediately remove the tent and decorations as soon as the party was over?

If not -- and Roehm is only knocked out for a few minutes -- when he escapes, the decorations and tent should still be on screen (albeit dark/not lit-up as earlier), and for continuity's sake, QFI v.2.0 should match it for the intro...

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 07:56:00 AM »
Yeah, you got it, Roehm was out for long enough that the party ended and the decorations at the gate were removed.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

caldric

• Lackey
  • Liked: 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 11:09:19 PM »
Oh interesting; I always thought it was just a few minutes. Sounds like a perfect opportunity to have an obscure reference to Space Quest 2:

"Time passes..."

"More time passes..."

"A strange dream turns into the realization that you are being shaken and talked to by a voice unfamiliar to you. A dull ache triggers a distant memory of a scuffle in which you were the focal point."

But with something added to indicate how long you've been out.