Author Topic: Congratulations, Steve, on your new transplant!  (Read 2753 times)

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
Congratulations, Steve, on your new transplant!
« on: November 07, 2020, 03:19:18 PM »
For those of you who aren't on Twitter (which includes me, though I do lurk from time to time), Steve got a call yesterday (Nov 06) that they had a donor kidney and was first in line.  He left for the hospital to do a blood test, then he was off to surgery.

He just posted a quick video a 1/2 hour ago (Nov 07) that the surgery was a success, and his transplant is functioning and making product already (!).

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy.

We love you, Steve, and we're all rooting for you -- now go and finish up some IQ games, will ya !!!   ;)

~Goatmeal

Brainiac

• Lackey
  • Liked: 58
  • Game Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Congratulations, Steve, on your new transplant!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 04:37:36 PM »
Yep, I heard the news via various Discords and an old friend of the forums texting me. Made my year.

Enjoy taking a good long leak, @Blackthorne!
There is balance in all things. Live in symmetry with the world around you. If you must blow things up and steal from those around you, THAT'S WHAT RPGS ARE FOR!

Official Member of the VGL Street Team

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 09:55:52 AM »
Little late here dear neighbor: Great news there, keep everything flowing!
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Nowhere Girl

• Recruit
  • Liked: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 09:25:14 PM »
1. I hate my mouse. My finger made a single-click, my mouse made a double-click, and my post is gone because I closed two windows at once.  :'( :'( :'( Sorry, let me recover for a while. I hate so much to have to write everything a second time. (And glory to the Asexual Visibility and Education Network forum because it restores unsent posts; it just uses some different forum engine. This is a model for other fora.)

Nowhere Girl

• Recruit
  • Liked: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 09:43:00 PM »
OK, now the post I haven't had an opportunity to send and have to rewrite.

I wanted to congratulate too. I felt sad and sorry for you and now I'm relieved to know that you managed to get a transplant. I hope that, now that it is known, doctors will also be able to keep your autoimmune disease in check.
Rest well and don't overwork yourself immediately.

I also wanted to express hope that the horrible current American healthcare system won't last forever (and that USA stop being so cocksure and regarding itself as the absolutest pinnacle of democracy). The right to life and health are fundamental human rights, so a commercial-only healthcare system is always a violation of human rights. I have also recently read an article on the Polish web press (it was about the elections and the downfall of American system in general), in which the author, a moderate liberal, said something like: even people who consider a free market the best solution should be against the American healthcare system - because it only discredits free market ideas. It is much less efficient than European systems, but very efficient in creating problems unknown in Europe...
I just wonder: what arguments can people - let's say, Republican opponents of Obamacare - give in defense of such an unjust, anti-democratic, anti-life system. Because anyone who defends free market ideas when human life is at stake proves their absolute lack of basic decency. For all I care they can even print the money if that's what is needed to keep the system running, but free healthcare is a human right.

Anyway, back to games - I find it intriguing how you mention that you started working on "Quest for Infamy" after your previous transplant and should therefore start making "QfI2" now... I hope that the game is made indeed. The ending of "QfI1" was a bit of a suspense and the idea of a second part is very promising, also because the game world could be very different from that of Lonaria...

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 05:55:11 PM »
Congrats Steve on your "New Kidney."  Now you can enjoy a good long whiz right off your front porch or in your backyard.

We all here are happy for you and wish you many healthy years!!!!
                                                                                     Chadly.
**********Chadly*********************

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2020, 10:49:27 PM »
just make sure to drink water 
dont wanna die like in QFI from weeeein too much
lols

huge bear hugs
stay warm all!
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2020, 09:05:21 PM »
I recall the Indian brave trying to drink a gallon of tea. He was found dead in his T P
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.