Author Topic: Al Lowe Leaves Replay Games  (Read 17042 times)

nidoking

• Producers
  • Villain
  • Liked: 129
  • 'Tis beyond my reach!
    • View Profile
Re: Al Lowe Leaves Replay Games
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2013, 08:44:14 PM »
The reports I read said that he pleaded no contest, if I recall correctly. That means he accepts the sentence for the crime without necessarily outright declaring his guilt - but I think this is the kind of charge you'd want to defend if you thought there was any way you could prevail. Maybe he just didn't want anyone looking into his past in any further detail.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2013, 10:23:34 PM »
My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2013, 10:34:26 PM »
My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Bt

I bent my wookie.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2013, 10:52:10 PM »
I choo choo CHOOSE you.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2013, 02:22:23 AM »
It is amazing that Al and Josh managed to pull the project together while working with such an "interesting" boss. Does anyone know if Josh is still,working for them?

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2013, 02:50:16 AM »
Josh left months ago.  From what I heard, it was at least in part because he couldn't deal with Paul.
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2013, 02:52:04 AM »
Too bad they're not stationed in France or Japan, people wouldn't even bat an eye there!  :P  Hell, France even made Woody Allen a cultural ambassador and what that guy did was 10000X worse!

And the dude from Team Ninja fondled up a female employee like crazy and all he got was a slap on the wrist.

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2013, 05:47:19 PM »
I am sure the allegation/ charges were only part of the reason they left, trowe was a train wreck waiting to happen. I found him infuriating and I had only read half  A dozen things written by the guy so I can't imagine what working with him would be like. Would love Josh to do a kickstarter he deserves every success and sadly won't have the opportunity to build on the success that LSL reloaded had, hope he got a good royalty out of it anyway.

Just think trowe  wanted both Space Venture and Hero U under the replay banner, what a disaster that would have been.

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2013, 11:39:08 PM »
Paul actually WANTED a Sierra 2.0 under his banner.  That was one reason why he harassed Scott and Mark so much during the campaign.  At least that's what I remember.  He also bullied and bossed around practically everybody who worked on the game, whether employees or volunteers.  A lot went on behind the scenes, only a little bit that I was personally privy to.

Blake00

• Lackey
  • Liked: 35
    • https://www.youtube.com/c/BlakesSanctum
    • View Profile
    • Blake's Sanctum
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2013, 06:21:50 AM »
Really sad to see. I remember reading Lowe's blog years ago and seeing the farce that was those 2000s LSL console games where the makers contacted him, messed him around and then just made those god awful games without him. I really felt for him helplessly watching his creation being ruined.

So I was so happy when LSL remake was announced and Al did the video saying he was back. That's why I happily shelled out the cash and got the boxed copy and looked forward to him remaking all the LSL games with a good team of people.

However if there's one thing I've noticed with the sierra greats coming out of retirement and working with a new team is that it's a real hit and miss affair. Mark & Scott and the Coles got a hit.. Lowe and Wallis got a miss and got stuck with bad people. Yes Lowe got his game finished but at what cost.. the future of LSL? I heard way back at the beginning that Paul was an ass but this? wow.. can't wait for LSL2 The Sex Offender Special Edition to be announced. :/

Blake's Sanctum - Quest For Glory Series:
fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!

Dutchmagic

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2013, 03:13:03 PM »
Paul actually WANTED a Sierra 2.0 under his banner.

It's sad. I think it would have been a great thing to have everyone work together instead of having to spend money on a Unity "framework" separately. But that definitely wont happen with Mr. Trowe anymore.

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2013, 05:29:37 PM »
Paul actually WANTED a Sierra 2.0 under his banner.

It's sad. I think it would have been a great thing to have everyone work together instead of having to spend money on a Unity "framework" separately. But that definitely wont happen with Mr. Trowe anymore.

I agree.  It would have been great to still see a Sierra 2.0, but it never would have worked with Polyester Paul at the helm.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2013, 08:11:41 PM »
I predict he'll ultimately sell the IP.

Again though, did he even know the girl was underaged or was it just some random chick online?  Do we have any way to confirm or not?

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2013, 08:15:10 PM »
He doesn't own the IP, it's just under license from Codemasters who own it.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2013, 08:48:25 PM »
Hopefully Codemasters sees what's going on with him and yanks the license from him.  I'd rather see them sit on the IP and do nothing with it than to see it stay in his nasty little hands.