Author Topic: Hero 6  (Read 20535 times)

torchinomotorino

Re: Hero 6
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 02:59:16 PM »

Looks like @ChamberOfFear beat me to forum! Oh well, here is some more info, if you're interested.

Thought I'd spread the word. We're looking for some creative talent to help us mold the main plot of Hero6.  Not looking to poach any talent from other projects, just wanted to spread the availability of additional work in the adventure game market for anyone interested. Here is a reproduction of our announcement on the Hero6.org forums:

We have finally reached the point where a majority of our code has been standardized, organized, and Vasilis-ized! A big thanks to bdimopoulos and @ChamberOfFear for their work on that.

So, where are we at now?
We still have some modules that need to be refactored or replaced entirely, but we're prepared to develop these separately during the next phase of development... the story.
That's right Heroes, the core creative element of Hero6 is ready for molding! We're looking for contributors to review the existing story-line and make improvements. This document is the wellspring from which all further development will flow. It needs to be:
In-depth and detailed
Cohesive and themed
Fun and entertaining!

To clarify, we are not looking for puzzles, side-quests, or subplots. Those will come later. What we need is akin to a game design document. We're taking a story-based approach so the design document (shared below) will be a combination of a backstory and a main storyline that will unfold as the game is played.

What's next?
This is an exciting time for Hero6. What we develop in the coming months will model the final outcome of this long-awaited adventure game.
We anticipate a greater interest during the creative development of the main story line. So far, production is running along smoothly, but the combination of several creative interests can be a source of conflict. Hero6 has certainly experienced this conflict in the past. Rest assured, @ChamberOfFear and myself are committed to resolving any conflict, should it occur.

Where can I get started?
Here! The document is under revision control so feel free to add, edit, or comment.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2014, 04:02:04 PM »
sorry mate!
I was working on descriptions and such. Just got busy in real life

hows it coming along!?

did you fix some of those animations yet?
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

torchinomotorino

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 05:17:55 PM »
No worries!  ;D

We decided not to prioritize animation until we had a concrete game design document to work from.  We want to reduce the probability of someone developing sprites and other supportive content that might not make it into the game.  An improved game design document will allow us to limit production requirements for the final game.

As for descriptions, if you were working with the descriptions built into the game, you'll want to get the latest from Sourceforge. We've finally moved the descriptions from the old AGS message tool into the room code.  They'll be easier to modify from those scripts.  If you're just working with the script print outs, you should be fine.

Blake00

• Lackey
  • Liked: 35
    • https://www.youtube.com/c/BlakesSanctum
    • View Profile
    • Blake's Sanctum
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 02:24:47 AM »
Its so great to see you guys bringing Hero6 back from the dead. I just discovered you've made a new Hero6 forum too! Signing up now! :)

http://hero6.org/forum/index.php

Blake's Sanctum - Quest For Glory Series:
fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 05:15:59 AM »
:)
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2015, 01:12:04 PM »
swear? foe rizzle???
I tried to help mates
sorry, life caught up with me

Im very sorry to be given the code and access and not help out :(
feel badly

if ye still needs the feedback or help lemme know!

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2015, 02:39:12 AM »
Hero 6 has been going on so long, pre-Tierra even, that I've gone through wow excited, to interested, to disillusioned, to hopeful, to maybe it'll happen one day, to awww nostalgia, to where I am now which is not giving a shit. Sad but true.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2015, 05:42:36 AM »
A good reminder that it takes a particularly special group to actually FINISH making a game, and that most don't have what it takes (patience and masochism.)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2015, 06:20:15 AM »
And a huge portion of crazy-bags.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2015, 02:05:25 PM »
yea its really unpolished buttt

last i checked  working pretty well for a  going going gone project..
idk