Author Topic: The Concept Art Thread  (Read 9754 times)

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
Re: The Concept Art Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 05:20:38 PM »
Heck yes, the more curves the better!

lemonrev

• Recruit
  • Liked: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 02:37:32 AM »

Corrigan Yes your right about the curves of the woman :P, nothing can beat that I was just like pointing out what i saw in the pictures above :), but thanks for the comeback on that....

Now the game is on pre order though the humble bundle is there going to be another demo before full release to the backers or just full game when its done ?.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 06:49:52 AM »
Hey Lemonrev,

Nope - no more demos - the next time we release something, It'll be the full game!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2013, 08:08:05 AM »
Found some OLD concept art that someone (BT probably) made WAY back in 2004.

This is what you find when you finally decide to clean up your folders that have migrated through about 3 computers over the years.

PLEASE NOTE THESE ARE NOT USED IN QUEST FOR INFAMY - THESE ARE FROM OUR FORMER ABORTED PROJECT FROM ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO. I just thought you'd get a laugh.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

nidoking

• Producers
  • Villain
  • Liked: 129
  • 'Tis beyond my reach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2013, 04:44:16 PM »
Isn't that first one from King's Quest VI? Just stick a rotting boat to the left side of the dock, and "Hey mister! Come on in! The water's fine, and I can show you the way to the next island!"

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2013, 06:43:49 PM »
Yep - I made these concepts out of pieces of old Sierra backgrounds! These were just concepts - ideas I had at the time. We wanted to make our own original backgrounds, but I put these together to show what  I wanted at the time.  These were never intended for game use - just for literal concepts!

Bt

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2013, 07:15:51 PM »
Don't laugh at me, but my first thought was that they're actually very good!  Two enthusiastic thumbs up.

lemonrev

• Recruit
  • Liked: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2013, 04:12:01 AM »
Klytos thanks for the pics, i think for a bit of a laugh you could have used them with the backer area to confuse those that havent seen any of the screens but oh well :), all in good time for sharing old art :).

Nice work for old 3d pic's tech always improving so you just have to live in the time you have :).

Broomie

• Chief Administrator
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 581
    • https://www.facebook.com/brooomie
    • broomie
    • https://twitter.com/jbroomie/
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/JBroomie
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2013, 11:02:15 AM »
Here's a few extra pieces of concept art from Quest for Infamy.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2013, 11:47:50 AM »
Heh...nice.  You used the three shittiest looking pieces of mine.  Good work, sir.  ;)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Broomie

• Chief Administrator
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 581
    • https://www.facebook.com/brooomie
    • broomie
    • https://twitter.com/jbroomie/
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/JBroomie
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2013, 12:00:31 PM »
Haha. Don't blame me, blame the alphabet! I just uploaded them in that order. ;) Though I wouldn't say they were bad at all, even as concept art I think they're very good. I just can't wait for everyone to see the final versions of those in game.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2013, 12:46:01 AM »
The worse the concepts look the better the final product looks in comparison. So taking that theory, could we have some Steve sketches lol

MusicallyInspired

• Villain
  • Liked: 120
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2013, 10:41:18 AM »
Very nice! Love the style!