Author Topic: KQ odd gent, the kal saga! Free key inside this box of surreal  (Read 3742 times)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
KQ odd gent, the kal saga! Free key inside this box of surreal
« on: September 14, 2015, 04:49:59 PM »
Heya everyone

The following story is true, and good, no drama mama!

Just want to tell you about a little adventure I had with the new Kings Quest from the Odd Gentlemen.

I entered the wikia contest and was one of the EP1 PC winners!
HUGE TY to baggins for linking this!

But upon looking into this further, it turns out that if you buy EP1 you can only buy the season pass.
This makes it forever impossible to ever play or buy the EPILOGUE.

The season pass doesn't come with it.
And, if you buy EP1 you cannot buy and install the complete collection under the same account!

So after many unanswered emails with Activision,
(who BTW gave me links to old 1995 sierra help sites for KQ support LOL)
I finally emailed the odd gents directly

Lindsey said this was indeed confusing but she did indeed see and knew that if you did buy ep1 it might forever lock you out of getting the epilogue.

Now this doesn't mean way later it wont be a dlc, but at this time they have NO PLANS to make this a stand alone dlc.
As the steam store page says "epilogue is exclusive the the COMPLETE COLLECTION ONLY"

So Lindsey offered me an upgraded code for the complete collection!!

So I entered that code in. Steam said activating KINGS QUEST COMPLETE COLLECTION!
When I looked it just says I own the ep1 and season pass!

This is a huge hint that EVERYONE in the end will be able to get the epilogue, they just cant say that due to sales PR stuff.

NOW that being said this rocks!

ALSO on this note, she allowed me to keep the ep1 key to give away, and Id like to offer it here first before steam.
Since you all are great mates

So if anyone is looking to try out KQ ep1 but wasn't sure and didn't get it yet, want a free copy of ep1 for pc steam?
let me know!
No strings attached, just that you use it and not sell it or trade it out.(or I could do that)
:)

I just wanna pay it forward.
that's my fun story

btw my winning ruler choice was prince Humperdink! :)

PS
Working hard on my syntax here, hope this post looks cleaner than most of my past posts. =)
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Baggins

• Villain
  • Liked: 29
    • View Profile
Re: KQ odd gent, the kal saga! Free key inside this box of surreal
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 05:27:17 AM »
This is a huge hint that EVERYONE in the end will be able to get the epilogue, they just cant say that due to sales PR stuff.

I would't go by this 100% they had the same problems on the PS4 with it saying that  someone had episode 1, when they bought the complete collection and Odd Gentlement has been sorting it out.

https://raspberrycartridge.wordpress.com/2015/07/28/kings-quest-complete-collection-issue/

But a I wouldn't worry about it too much until epilogue actually comes out. If somehow You don't get it you can complain then. Keep your emails.

If it bugs out and somehow I or others who did buy Complete collection don't get it, we'll all be lodging "tickets".

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 11:23:47 AM »
well
interesting

I did speak to lindsey, she said if push comes to shove they will just send out codes to unlock the epilogue
lol

that was when I got the code though and mentioned that it was just the ep1 + sp when you do get the collection.
aka same as buying ep1 + sp

shrug
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Baggins

• Villain
  • Liked: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 07:57:27 AM »
Thanks for the further explanation... Seems there might still be some 'issues' being ironed out!

ON a possibly related note.. If you look at other companies such as Ubisoft as any indication. You don't start seeing actual DLC you buy in the shop, until they are actually 'announced and 'dated'' put in the shop. Then they show up as additional items in the DLC section usually.

So its possible that at least for the epilogue it won't show up as a seperate item until closer to its release. But they might keep track of 'who' has it, via steam's receipt system.