Author Topic: Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok - v1.1 now available  (Read 41312 times)

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok - Released!
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2013, 09:41:00 PM »
Sweet!  Downloading as we speak.  Looking forward to this!
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Corrigan

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 826
  • Portrait Lead
    • https://www.facebook.com/EstirdalinArt
    • https://twitter.com/Estirdalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2013, 12:15:31 PM »
Congrats on the release Fizz!  Awesome news, you must be relieved to have it out the door :)  I just got home from my Christmas trip, looking forward to checking it out!
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2013, 12:44:32 PM »
It's pretty great.  I particularly like the combat system.  It's arcadey, but it works really well and is a lot of fun to play.  I just need to build up my stats some more so I don't keep getting my ass handed to me!  ;)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

DrSlash

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 727
    • buckazoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2014, 03:49:26 PM »
Is that true that you can't retrieve items stolen from you if you don't find a way into the thieves guild in time? If so, that's pretty frustrating.

Otherwise, enjoying every aspect of the game so far. Great work!
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests".

Fizzii

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1039
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2014, 04:49:29 PM »
Yes, that's a bug that we're fixing in v1.1. You can retrieve your stuff before going to Svartalfheim, but you can still complete the game even without it (in which case, you just need to make sure you don't stuff up too many quests).

V1.1 probably coming end Jan or early Feb, depending on how quickly we can get this build tested to make sure no other bugs got introduced.
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

DrSlash

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • buckazoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2014, 05:48:49 PM »
Yes, that's a bug that we're fixing in v1.1. You can retrieve your stuff before going to Svartalfheim, but you can still complete the game even without it (in which case, you just need to make sure you don't stuff up too many quests).

V1.1 probably coming end Jan or early Feb, depending on how quickly we can get this build tested to make sure no other bugs got introduced.
Ok, cool. In that case, I'll just wait for the fixed version.

Also some more bugs I've spotted off the top of my head:

o         In Svartalfheim smithy - teleporting from the second floor (which is also the ceiling) to the first one using the Blink spell results in game crash.
o         Sometimes the game freezes if you ask Lithrasir to get you a drink while she is busy preparing herbs. I wasn't able to replicated this one, though.
o         There was a graphical glitch (wrong animation, as far as I remember) when I died because of overexertion while trying to climb into Munarvagir inn window.
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests".

Fizzii

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2014, 06:11:30 PM »
Thanks. We've got the first two fixed (I need to check that they really are fixed now!). The third one I've reported :)

DrSlash

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • buckazoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2014, 07:02:47 PM »
Thanks. We've got the first two fixed (I need to check that they really are fixed now!). The third one I've reported :)
Just checked what the third one is exactly - there is animation of the heroine falling through ice after she collapses, which shouldn't be there.

asianmusicguy

• Villain
  • Liked: 16
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2014, 01:53:48 PM »
I have been so stump on this since relapse id love a old fashion walkthrough!
If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.  ~Michael Jackson

Fizzii

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2014, 04:07:53 PM »
We don't have an official walkthrough, and currently we're focusing on v1.1. Some players might be putting one together, so we will see :)

There are quite a few Let's Plays on  Youtube now; though they are playing blind.

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2014, 08:29:41 PM »
I second that about a walkthrough!  Please, please, pretty please!!  (Does that sound slightly desperate?  Cuz I am!)  I'm playing as a Rogue (always my class of choice) and there are just SO many puzzles and non-linear aspects to such a long game, that I am constantly getting extremely overwhelmed and feel like I'm always missing quests and puzzles.

I may check out the Youtube playthroughs, but I'm still hoping for a good ol' walkthrough at some point because a) I HATE missing out on stuff; and b) I know I will never finish this game or even come close to it without one.

If anyone's planning to attempt a walkthrough I would gladly pay good buckazoids for it!  The game is far too beautiful and intriguing to give up on it.

--The same will go for QFI as well, I'm quite sure of it.

Fizzii

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2014, 09:07:08 PM »
I am sure someone will be working on one. Radiant doesn't have time to write walkthroughs (not with all the bug fixing going on, and other projects he intends to work on after this), and I certainly can't write a walkthrough for the rogue as I haven't finished playing it myself :P I am testing it though, to check for any further bugs on top of what was reported.

We deliberately released the game without a walkthrough because we believe it is more rewarding to players to find things and work them out for themselves. It is meant to be hard to get a 500/500 score on your first playthrough; the game rewards players who are extra diligent. It also gives us some indication of whether the puzzles made sense - which they do, given that people have managed to find all the 500 points for most of the classes (one point missing for the rogue) :).

Anyway, if you are patient, I am sure we shall see one at some point.

Myrddin Starfari

• Ping of Kuns
  • Villain
  • Liked: 34
  • Ok folks, what's with the pitchforks and torches?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2014, 03:33:05 AM »
that one point wasn't stolen was it? it would figure that the rogue gets some of their own medicine.
When you're a farrier you need to know these things

Fizzii

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2014, 02:31:00 AM »
Nope, it's there, no one has picked up on it yet, that's all :)

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2014, 04:15:07 AM »
Awesome game! Really enjoyed it!

What kind of download numbers has it had so far?