Author Topic: What do y'all think of "mage's initiation"?  (Read 43519 times)

Gamehorder

Re: What do y'all think of "mage's initiation"?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2013, 01:47:40 PM »
Heres my question... its $120 for a big box for QFI... does that mean only backers will get the big box? and it wont be avail after the game is made...> Thats the only way its worth it... hope this goes the same for the other games ive been backing for double the normal shelf cost...

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2013, 02:01:05 PM »
Yeah, the QFI Big Box will only be available for the backers.  It's a limited edition.  Only the slimcase/DVD version will be available for physical purchase after release.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Intendant S

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 141
  • Hero of the Adventure Game Revival Movement
    • View Profile
    • Kickstart Ventures
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 06:19:36 PM »
We made funding! Yey!

Was there ever any doubt?  When the AGRM gets behind a project it gets BEHIND a project...and not just in a Larry way.   :o ;) ;D
"Too much spirit can be a dangerous thing. Tends to... infect others."

s_d

• Most Excellent KS Backer
  • Senior Villain
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2013, 06:21:39 PM »
Only the slimcase/DVD version will be available for physical purchase after release.

And even that edition will go out of physical distribution at some point, I suspect, eventually becoming a digital-only product when the final run is sold.  Of course, if thing go as smashingly well as we'd all like, then there could be other adventures or sequels set in Lonaria, and a physical edition could be produced to bundle multiple games.  I'd really like to see that.

We made funding! Yey!

Was there ever any doubt?  When the AGRM gets behind a project it gets BEHIND a project...and not just in a Larry way.   :o ;) ;D

Hell, yes :-)
"Any statements made by this fan of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this fan will be clearly identified as bullshit."

MusicallyInspired

• Villain
  • Liked: 120
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 07:07:13 PM »
Never a doubt in my mind, but it's still an amazing feeling!!

Hell, yes :-)

Yeah, it looked like it had more than a fair chance. But it's still so exciting to see it reach funding with a fair amount of time still left on the clock! I think it's around half the campaign still! I'm excited about the results of meeting the stretch goals personally, so it's extremely awesome to see that we probably might just meet some of them!

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2013, 07:30:25 PM »
We made funding! Yey!

Guess I can contribute now...

jk   ;)

Sslaxx

• Recruit
  • Liked: 2
    • Sslaxx
    • https://twitter.com/Sslaxx
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2013, 08:37:12 PM »
We made funding! Yey!
Congrats, you guys!
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

thehawk

• Recruit
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 02:23:48 PM »
I hate to say it, but I just viewed their kickstarter video and their game seems quite boring.
The one thing that differentiates QFI from Mage's Initiation is humor and originality. The raunchy style of Infamy is far more entertaining than a predictable, vanilla G-rated generic fantasy game.

Just my opinion.

Even if it didn't look like I would like the game itself at all, I would still plunk down my pesos because I think they are a fantastic team, and do incredible work (same reasons I did for IQ), and I want to see them continue.  This one may not be my thing (which, it totally is, by the way but as an example), but as long as they're around, the next one might.

Besides.  Cloth map?  How does one say no to a cloth map?
What the hell would you want a bird's nest for?  To wear as a hat?

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2013, 07:14:18 PM »
Destructoid just published a preview for "Mage's Initiation", based on a press-only alpha demo...

http://www.destructoid.com/preview-mage-s-initiation-channels-quest-for-glory-248022.phtml

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 07:33:48 PM »
Heh, all the comments afterwards were like "More Quest For Glory?! Yes please!"  I wish they knew about us!

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 08:03:39 PM »
Heh, all the comments afterwards were like "More Quest For Glory?! Yes please!"  I wish they knew about us!

Bt

I noticed that, too...

If only there were some way that WE could type some words and then click "post", if only to let them know that we're here, too!   :-[

Seriously, why not Email the article's author?  He's got a link to his Email on the top-right of the page, right underneath his pic.  He likes QFG-type games, it might be a way to piggy-back on the "Mage's" preview, and I'm sure these guys would like a follow-up story that just happens to fall right in their lap...   :)

Collector

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
    • The Sierra Help Pages
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2013, 12:06:13 AM »
In the comments:
thehawk • 4 hours ago

For those looking for 'more Quest for Glory', not only do we have the mentioned Hero-U, but there is Infamous Quests' 'Quest for Infamy', also with their own funded Kickstarter.

thehawk

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2013, 01:41:08 AM »
In the comments:
thehawk • 4 hours ago

For those looking for 'more Quest for Glory', not only do we have the mentioned Hero-U, but there is Infamous Quests' 'Quest for Infamy', also with their own funded Kickstarter.

Hey.  I know that guy.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2013, 06:33:01 AM »
Hey, thanks man!  You know, it really is the support of the fans and the word of mouth you provide that helps us.  We really do have an awesome cadre of fans around here.

Bt

thehawk

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2013, 06:15:27 PM »
Hey, thanks man!  You know, it really is the support of the fans and the word of mouth you provide that helps us.  We really do have an awesome cadre of fans around here.

Bt

Sure, my pleasure!  It has been a while since I have done much game evangelizing..