Author Topic: A Person's Age.  (Read 12376 times)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
A Person's Age.
« on: April 26, 2013, 02:36:10 AM »
     Today is my birthday. I am 35 today and it makes me feel old. I guess I have reached middle age. It seems like yesterday like I was 21 or 30.  I still feel likes I am 18 in my heart and always will be.  It just sucks that physically I can't do what I once did.  In closing I will that I feel that a person like whiskey or wine only gets better with age or experience.  It is my hope to encourage my nephews to play old school games of the Sierra type that taught me so much.  How to think, type, and use logic, instead of mindless button pushing kill everything in sight. Although those games are fun to a point.   Chadly
**********Chadly*********************

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Re: A Person's Age.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 08:05:50 AM »

Hey, happy birthday, Chadly!  I know how you feel - I'll turn 35 next month - I remember what it was like to be 18 too.  Seems like yesterday - and at the same time, it feels like a lifetime ago.  Aging is an odd thing - I might not be able to do, physically, many of the things I could just do and shrug off in my youth, but wisdom and knowledge have been the trade off.  I like knowing that I learn more about life, the universe and everything every year that I'm alive!  Things that I once had no taste for, I now find enjoyable and the foibles of my youth that I once enjoy now only annoy me.  I like that my life has that kind of variety in it.  Some people never grow or change, and then just end up masking the misery with more stupidity.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 09:35:26 AM »

...I like knowing that I learn more about life, the universe and everything every year that I'm alive!

Bt

I just read the Douglas Adams book and I was good to go...   ;D   No need to learn anything else!

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 09:39:52 AM »
I can almost hear the creaking and wheezing in this thread.  ;)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 09:52:38 AM »
   Thank-you all. Well said Blackthorne.  As for the creaking and wheezing, I don't know how old you are Lamb, but if your lucky you too will reach the age of Wisdom 35!  Besides I not old I am we'll aged dammit!  So to quote Cartman "screw you guys and I'm going home."  Also "Respect my Authority."[email]

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 11:59:35 AM »
Heh, I'll be 30 later this year.  I have to get my kicks in against you old fogies while I still can!  ;)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 12:13:04 PM »
Hahaha.  I love this thread.  It is funny how at 33, I too feel old.  In the past year and a half, I have had spinal surgery, and nagging platar faciatis.  I really can no longer go out and play the sports that I used to be able to enjoy.  I want to be able to go out and teach my kids to play football, baseball...etc.  Maybe I just need to exercise more and try to get my body back to where it once was.  I just don't have the time with things like...you know, life.
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 12:44:59 PM »
I can almost hear the creaking and wheezing in this thread.  ;)

All I ask is that no one light up a cigarette in this forum...  My oxygen tank will explode!   :o

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 12:45:10 PM »
       Lamb, after 30 it's all down hill bud.  I hit 30 and I changed my hair style and got blond highlights. It was rough. Well five years later no highlights and back to my original hair style.  When I hit 40 I'm going to get the ears pierced and a tattoo. Plus maybe I will buy a motorcycle or sports car.  Who knows?

Chuck, exercise is a great idea. I always feel better after taking a walk or jog. Sorry to hear about your back surgery tho. I am not broken down yet but it's probably coming.  Not looking forward to it. I have had enough surgery already.  So it's my day and I'm gonna Party like its MY BIRTHDAY!  Cheers!!!!!     Chadly :) 8)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 12:47:00 PM »
   I quit smoking 5 years ago. Best advice, don't start.  I feel a lot better nowadays.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 12:50:41 PM »
Yeah, I definitely need and WANT to exercise more.  Winter in Syracuse keeps you hibernating.  With the spring and summer ahead, I plan on doing more stuff outdoors - some camping and hiking for sure.

Plantar faciatis is awful, Chuck!  Sorry you're dealing with that - it's just so annoying.  Makes doing simple things while on your feet annoying.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 01:26:14 PM »
Chuy would make a good exercise instructor.  He knows how to get people up and out of hibernation.

chucklas

• Bt's Technical Advisor
  • Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 463
  • Good morning, that’s a nice tnetennba.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2013, 02:04:33 PM »
Yeah, the breaking down body is my biggest concern.  It takes me about an hour in the morning before my heel stops hurting!

As for other aspects of aging, I love being older.  I look back and wonder how I functioned on such a lack of...everything.  In about 30 years, I will look back at the current me and say the same thing. 
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 05:29:58 PM »
Aww, happy 35th birthday Chadly.  I just turned 35 too and it really bummed me out.  I'm starting to really feel older and it stinks.  Thank goodness for my funny husband & kids, who keep me laughing so I don't dwell on it too much...

Wow Chucklas, spinal surgery is some scary stuff...I need it myself and I'm terrified.  I'm trying to wait as long as possible...  Glad everything went well for you!

On the flipside though...hey, we're alive and that's pretty awesome.  I try not to take one day of my life for granted b/c 35 or not, I only get one of these things...

Cheers!   8)
S

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 05:50:54 PM »
Gah, I know.  I'm turning 35 in like 20 days, and I suddenly feel really, really old!!  I saw an old re-run of Family Ties recently.  Michael Gross, the guy who played the Dad in the show, was 35 when they filmed the first season.  Holy crap.

Bt