Author Topic: The Official Post a Recipe Thread  (Read 13328 times)

asianmusicguy

• Villain
  • Liked: 16
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
The Official Post a Recipe Thread
« on: March 04, 2013, 05:30:26 PM »
Lambonius suggested a recipe trading thread after i posted a treat for BT to try after the marmite nightmare   

Heres one for all you cookie lovers Big Best Chocolate chip chewy cookies these things will be huge!

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.  ~Michael Jackson

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: The Official Post a Recipe Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 07:37:46 PM »
Awesome.  :)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

asianmusicguy

• Villain
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 08:06:10 PM »
heres one i have that I think everyone will love NEW YORK CHEESE CAKE

Ingredients:
15 graham crackers, crushed
2 tablespoons butter, melted

4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup milk
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press onto bottom of springform pan.
In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking. Chill in refrigerator until serving.
If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.  ~Michael Jackson

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 08:14:23 PM »
These are great, though a bit time consuming, unless I were to plan to make them in advance.  Got any quick recipes for snacks or quick meals?  That's the sort of thing I'm always on the lookout for.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

asianmusicguy

• Villain
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 08:24:34 PM »
sure how about some rice with a asian kick?

Ingredients:
2 cups enriched white rice
4 cups water
2/3 cup chopped baby carrots
1/2 cup frozen green peas
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 eggs
soy sauce to taste
sesame oil, to taste
Directions:
In a saucepan, combine rice and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
In a small saucepan, boil carrots in water about 3 to 5 minutes. Drop peas into boiling water, and drain.
Heat wok over high heat. Pour in oil, then stir in carrots and peas; cook about 30 seconds. Crack in eggs, stirring quickly to scramble eggs with vegetables. Stir in cooked rice. Shake in soy sauce, and toss rice to coat. Drizzle with sesame oil, and toss again.

Note: fresh carrot way better!

Corrigan

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 826
  • Portrait Lead
    • https://www.facebook.com/EstirdalinArt
    • https://twitter.com/Estirdalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 08:34:00 PM »
I've got one for pea soup that takes about ten mins from start to finish, stupidly easy to make as well, if something like that suits you, Lamb?
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 08:37:57 PM »
Hey, definitely!  :)  Post it!  I love this sort of stuff.

My wife would love that rice dish, too--she makes rice as a snack all the time.

Corrigan

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 826
  • Portrait Lead
    • https://www.facebook.com/EstirdalinArt
    • https://twitter.com/Estirdalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 08:51:09 PM »
Quick pea soup

1 large onion
1 big bag of frozen peas
1 litre of vegetable or chicken stock
1 or 2 garlic cloves (optional depending on how much you like garlic)
half a jar of either dried mint or dried tarragon (delicious with either)
knob of butter (heh heh...knob)

1. dice onion and garlic and fry with the butter in a large soup pan until soft
2. add 3/4 of the peas and herbs and stir
3. add 3/4 of the stock, bring to a medium boil and leave for 10 mins (with a lid on)
4. leave it to cool for a couple of mins (just so you don't melt the blender or burn yourself), puree it with a handheld blender.
5.add the remaining stock and peas, cook for another 5 mins then season it with some salt & pepper and serve.
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

asianmusicguy

• Villain
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 08:55:09 PM »
Chocolate pancakes
Ingredients
1 cup milk
1 eggs
2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
strawberry preserves or sliced strawberries or sweetened whipped cream (optional)
Directions
1. In a small bowl, combine milk, egg and butter; whisk until blended.
2. In another bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt; mix well.
3. Add milk mixture; whisk just until dry ingredients are moistened.
4. (Batter will be slightly lumpy.) Heat griddle over medium heat until hot.
5. (Drops of water will sizzle, then evaporate.) For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter into griddle.
6. Cook 1-2 minutes or until batter is set around edges.
7. Carefully turn over pancake; cook 1-2 minutes or until pancakes are cooked through.
8. Repeat with remaining batter.
9. Sprinkle pancakes with powdered sugar; serve warm with desired toppings.
extra tip: add chocolate chips to 

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 10:17:59 PM »
I am definitely going to make that Asian rice.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

asianmusicguy

• Villain
    • View Profile
    • Crystal Utada
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 11:03:16 PM »
dont forget this one
he Nanaimo bar is a dessert item of Canadian origin popular across North America. It is a bar cookie which requires no baking and is named after the west coast city of Nanaimo, British Columbia. It consists of a wafer crumb-based layer topped by a layer of light vanilla or custard flavoured butter icing which is covered with melted chocolate made from chocolate squares. Many varieties exist, consisting of different types of crumb with different flavours of icing (e.g., mint, peanut butter) and different types of chocolate. Two popular variations on the traditional Nanaimo bar involve mint- or mocha-flavoured icing.
Contents

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup white sugar
5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
powder
1 egg, beaten
1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup finely chopped almonds (optional)

1/2 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons heavy cream
2 tablespoons custard powder
2 cups confectioners' sugar

4 (1 ounce) squares semisweet baking
chocolate
2 teaspoons butter
Directions:
In the top of a double boiler, combine 1/2 cup butter, white sugar and cocoa powder. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth. Beat in the egg, stirring until thick, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in the graham cracker crumbs, coconut and almonds (if you like). Press into the bottom of an ungreased 8x8 inch pan.
For the middle layer, cream together 1/2 cup butter, heavy cream and custard powder until light and fluffy. Mix in the confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over the bottom layer in the pan. Chill to set.
While the second layer is chilling, melt the semisweet chocolate and 2 teaspoons butter together  over low heat. Spread over the chilled bars. Let the chocolate set before cutting into squares.

ill be waiting for that video

rugged

• Villain
  • Liked: 51
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 04:52:23 AM »
I love making shrimp stir frys. Some frozen shrimps and frozen mixed vege cooked with the following sauce and served with rice

1 cup of chicken stock
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of Golden syrup
1 chopped garlic

SarahLiz

• Villain
  • Liked: 91
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 01:10:24 AM »
Oh my Lord I'm starving.  I want that rice.  Now.

Lots of yummy stuff on here!  Great idea for a thread!

I have a buffalo chicken dip that's pretty dang good, I'll go look for the recipe & edit my post tomorrow.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 08:30:46 AM »
Mmmm.  Buffalo Chicken.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Jerminator

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 08:38:56 AM »
They call it "wing dip" here I think. Is it really spicy? If it's what I'm thinking, I would love to have a recipe for that magic.