Author Topic: Quest For Infamy Steam Beta Saves Question  (Read 5345 times)

Borracho

Quest For Infamy Steam Beta Saves Question
« on: June 11, 2014, 08:41:07 AM »
Dear Infamous Lads,

I currently started playing a copy of Quest for Infamy on Steam and it's in Beta v. 7.0. I'm still giggling to myself with the Prologue, but I wanted to ask you if the full release will wipe out my saves? In that case, I'd rather hold out and directly play the review version. Also, does progress from the Prologue directly carry over into the main game, or is it a separate module?

Thank you for your time and I'm really looking forward to wreaking some proper medieval havoc :)

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: Quest For Infamy Steam Beta Saves Question
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 09:17:24 AM »
When the game is released it will make your saves unworkable, unfortunately that's an issue with the engine we use when it's patched. The beta / review copy on steam at the moment (7.0) works fully and has been used by other publications to complete their reviews, the only thing really missing is some of the voices (the text is there, just no voice) but by and large it's complete. We use that build for our internal testers who are just fine tuning the game over the last week or so. And yes, the prologue directly carries over to the main game, it's all one game!

Hope you enjoy it and I look forward to reading / watching your review.

~ Shawn
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Borracho

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 09:19:10 AM »
Excellent, I'll start it fearlessly then :)

Stabberson

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 04:44:22 PM »
Also playing the beta here--I just launched after a few days of not playing and noticed an update available.  Since our saves won't work with the official launch, I've turned off Steam's auto-updating for QfI.  Is this and/or all updates prior to July 10th safe and compatible with the beta saves?

Edit: Well, apparently the update was mandatory (selecting "Play" forces you to update) and it is indeed incompatible with past saves.  So I lost all my data...is there any way to get the previous saves to work again or revert to version 7.0?  I was about 6 hours in.  :(

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 05:36:42 PM »
Yeah, Stabberson - I think I can set it back for you, or get you a copy of 7.0

Yeah, unfortunately, one of the quirks of the engine we use is that updates will often render old saves useless.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Stabberson

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 05:54:14 PM »
Yeah, Stabberson - I think I can set it back for you, or get you a copy of 7.0

Yeah, unfortunately, one of the quirks of the engine we use is that updates will often render old saves useless.

Bt

That would be fantastic!  I could probably restart and get where I was a bit quicker, but I'm worried about future updates doing the same thing and having to restart each time.  Just being able to stick with 7.0 would be great. 

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 06:06:10 PM »
Yeah, after release, before we do an update, we'll send out a warning to everyone - so people can either make a copy of the local files for the version of their game, or start from scratch.

Gimme a bit, though, to figure out how I can restore the BETA version to 7.0 for you, though.  Some have just started with 8.0, etc... I'm going to try and figure out how to make 7.0 available too.

Bt

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 08:55:48 PM »
Is this supposed to be in the Public Forums?  I almost posted an insider testing question here because I assumed this was in the Beta area.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Stabberson

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 09:07:39 PM »
Is this supposed to be in the Public Forums?  I almost posted an insider testing question here because I assumed this was in the Beta area.

Sorry, I don't have access to the Beta forums.  My copy was provided for review, as was the TC's, I believe.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 09:15:48 PM »
No worries, I was just confused for a moment.  :)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 09:27:44 PM »
Yep.  They're journalists; it's fine.

Bt

Stabberson

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 12:30:26 AM »
Thanks so much for the quick help, Blackthorne!  Old saves appear to be working again.