Author Topic: In search of the new three rooms in 1.1  (Read 21797 times)

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
Re: Re: In search of the new three rooms in 1.1
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2015, 10:27:00 AM »
Something I'm not clear on; it was stated each of the 3 new rooms were specific to a character. I thought maybe the Rogue could win at archery and acquire a bow, but all he can do is win 50 Bly. The other two characters can do the same thing. The Rogue simply refuses to do anything having to do with sneaking into the barracks.

Maybe your sneak stats aren't up to snuff?  Practice makes perfect, you know...

P.S. I'm not speaking from experience -- I've not played v1.1 yet, as I've been too busy with work lately.  Just trying to help, if I can...

Blast it! Surely I'm missing the fact that maybe all three characters don't necessarily have their own specific room.

From what I've read, each class has their own room.

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
Re: In search of the new three rooms in 1.1
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 11:34:17 AM »
Stealth 67 and thievery 100 (maxed I suppose). Maybe I'll practice sneaking for awhile and maybe get out in the cold air (in the real world). tnx
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2015, 01:29:39 PM »
Stealth 67 and thievery 100 (maxed I suppose). Maybe I'll practice sneaking for awhile and maybe get out in the cold air (in the real world). tnx

Makes sense...  If you're trying to break into a place that contains "the best of the best," you'd need to be on top of your game!

Good luck!   :)

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2015, 04:48:57 PM »
You can't get into the barracks through the front door.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2015, 06:32:56 AM »
Yeh, that's why the broads are always standing guard. Curious that you can only get a few words out of the one on the left.

Couple of odd occurrences in the game:
According to how you speak with Kayanna at the steep stone steps, Roehm asks her how she manages to stuff all of her into her dress, she replies.. only if he tells her how he manages to stuff everything into a cod piece.

During startup, while normal music is playing, if you take long enough before continuing, the music changes to a rock band style.

Found out why the garden scene shows its former glory; don't assemble the four seal pieces until you're at the stone mound with the skeleton and one of the pieces. Put the four pieces together, then walk back up screen and left to the old fountain. the former garden will show as you enter from the east. Doesn't matter what order you find the pieces, as long as you're a couple of screens to the east of the garden before assembling the four pieces.
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2015, 12:11:33 PM »
Found out why the garden scene shows its former glory; don't assemble the four seal pieces until you're at the stone mound with the skeleton and one of the pieces. Put the four pieces together, then walk back up screen and left to the old fountain. the former garden will show as you enter from the east. Doesn't matter what order you find the pieces, as long as you're a couple of screens to the east of the garden before assembling the four pieces.

I know that it was mentioned a while back...

http://www.infamous-quests.com/forum/index.php?topic=1515.msg23123#msg23123

...but I was under the impression that you needed to specifically get the Death piece last (the other 3 in any order).  At least, that's how it worked for me the most recent time I tried it.

Do we have to get the Death piece last in order to trigger the Easter Egg?  Or can we get the pieces in any order, and it's the act of assembling the pieces of the crest at the mound, then moving to the garden from there that matters?

Judges?  Can we get a ruling here?

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2015, 12:35:04 PM »
Going back and doing it in a mixed order would tell. One weird thing though, in 1.1 I got the piece from the bank first. When I went outside, it transitioned to dark, setting it up to get Kayanna'a message from Kit.

Did you know the sorcerer can get the angel's wings by using the hammer?

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2015, 01:11:16 PM »
Going back and doing it in a mixed order would tell.

Yeah, unless I hear from one of the IQ team here first, I'll try it when I get some more free time in the middle of March...

Did you know the sorcerer can get the angel's wings by using the hammer?

I'm not surprised!  I know that Klytos and BT wanted numerous ways to be able to solve problems in QFI, and not be locked in to only one specific answer/item per puzzle.

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2015, 01:35:06 PM »
I don't think the mound piece has to be last, and you can assemble the four pieces anywhere and enter the garden from any direction.

I got the mound piece third and the Japsworth piece last. went to the north graveyard and assembled the four pieces. took off the necklace and headed south to the garden. Nothing! Went back north to the graveyard, put the necklace on and back south again to the garden. Roehm automatically walked to the east side towards the gate and the vision appeared. Same thing when entering the garden from the west side.

Apparently, the only thing required, at least in 1.1, is after putting the pieces together and wearing the necklace, you can enter the garden from any direction. Also, I have proven that the order of getting the pieces doesn't matter.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2015, 02:08:58 PM »
For the garden egg, the order of the pieces doesn't matter. 
Spoiler (hover to show)

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2015, 05:26:15 PM »
Discovered something I formerly overlooked at the area where the Gnoll is
Spoiler (hover to show)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2015, 05:56:30 PM »
The rock is just another solution for getting in the gnoll cave if you didn't have the grappling hook.

You're barking up the wrong tree on this screen here, I can tell you that much.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2015, 06:09:54 PM »
Just found out the Rogue can also do that. Let's understand this; how would the rogue or brigand get down there without a grappling hook, and even the sorcerer if he doesn't yet have float??? But the big issue here concerns the sorcerer.

Anyhow, I'll assume this is not where the sorcerer should look for the elusive room. At a destroyed bridge with lots of rocks and water, haven't done anything except fall to my death, and he says there's nothing interesting on the other side. I just know there's something so simple that I'm missing.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2015, 07:08:26 PM »
You can also use just the plain rope to get down.  If you used the plain rope and the crowbar on the rock, you can get in.

There are steps you have to take to discover secrets.

Bt

nameless

• Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2015, 08:43:04 PM »
Ah &%*$, not steps... was afraid of that. The secret bar all over again  :( . Fortunately, this is the good night on CBS. Maybe tomorrow or later this week.

There seems to be a scarcity of previous gamers on this forum. Must be lottery winners or something  :o