Author Topic: Hints for the Demo,please??  (Read 17052 times)

smaug

Re: Hints for the Demo,please??
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 05:13:42 PM »
Yes! Thanks to the hints you provided, I got the fish pole and even managed to get the silver teeth melted! A good puzzle, indeed! And the drinking contest was an absolute gas, brilliant!

But now, I have to get the silver from the water, and I have already distracted the smith once, so, fool him once, shame on me, but how to fool him twice..?

rogerxy

• Lackey
  • Liked: 2
  • Serious Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 06:13:49 PM »
I like the drinking contest as well, very well done :)
You can have anything you want if you will give up the belief that you can't have it.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 06:32:52 PM »
That Blacksmith is a jumpy kind of guy.  Bet you could distract him with some kind of noise.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

smaug

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 05:27:07 PM »
Oh well, I might as well make it official: apparently I am NO good in making noisy distractions!

I suspect the bell, of course, but even when I sneak up to it and ring it, while the smith is standing at the fire, he always spots me. I have tried braking the mug on his anvil, or on the stone, and even throw both the mug and the fish oil into the fire, but no dice!

And there was me thinking that a brigand relied more on brawn than brain! Right now I am certainly in need of some brain input... 

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 05:30:37 PM »
Why don't you throw the mug off towards somewhere where he might investigate a noise... near his house, maybe?

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

smaug

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2012, 06:21:17 PM »
And FINALLY I got the picture! And the silver, too, for that matter!

Thank you, so very much, for a most enjoyable gaming experience, and for providing the hints I needed, for me, to make the most of it!

This demo is unbelievably classy, and all I can say is that the full Quest for Infamy is going to be a Game to Remember!

I cannot wait to visit Volkswille again..!

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2012, 07:17:17 PM »
Calling all would be InFAMOUS:  Help with more Gaming Goodness at Quest for Infamy Kickstarter!  WE only need a lil over 5K to get more Gaming Goodness!  SO if you trully are Infamous dig a li deeper and help Mister Roehm be even more Infamous!!!  Tell everyone you know to back this great Project!!  Hell tell your Mom too!!!!! :)
**********Chadly*********************

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2012, 07:49:26 PM »
OK PEOPLE I HAD TO RESORT TO DRASTIC MEASURES:  I HAVE CAPTURED A DANCING MONKEY NAMED FLUBBER OR FLUBY. HE EITHER HAS A SPEECH IMPEDIMENT OR IS SLIGHTLY RETARDED(OOPS I MEAN MENTALLY CHALLENGED.)  NOW HE CLAIMS TO HAVE ONE TIME BEEN THE PET OF A SUPERSTAR BUT I THINK HE IS BULLSHITTING ME. ETHER THAT OR HE IS A RELATIVE OF KLYTOS.LOL. :)  NOW I DEMAND ALL WHO SEE THIS POST TO TELL EVERYONE THEY KNOW TO DONATE TO THE QUEST FOR INFAMY KICKSTARTER, SO WE CAN GET MORE GAMING GOODNESS!!  IF WE DON'T HIT 60K IN THE NEXT 46 HOURS IM GONNA SHOOT FLUBBER AND EAT HIM! THAT OR FEED HIM TO MY PET DRAGON!!!!!  THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING......TICK TICK TICK, TIME WASTING!!!!!! ;D >:( :-X

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2012, 09:38:20 PM »
And FINALLY I got the picture! And the silver, too, for that matter!

Thank you, so very much, for a most enjoyable gaming experience, and for providing the hints I needed, for me, to make the most of it!

This demo is unbelievably classy, and all I can say is that the full Quest for Infamy is going to be a Game to Remember!

I cannot wait to visit Volkswille again..!

Thank you, Smaug!  I can't wait for you to visit Volksville again, too!  Remember - this is just a taste!  All the closed shops in Volksville will be open in the final game, as well as several areas we left out of the demo - that's just in town!  And the world outside of town awaits!

Bt

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2012, 02:05:40 PM »
UPDATE ON THE DANCING MONKEY FLUBBER:  FLUBBER HAS BIT ME IN ATTEMPT TO ESCAPE! AND ALL I WAS TRYINF TO DO WAS FEED THE LIL BASTARD! FLUBBER HAS NOW NO TEETH LEFT. LOOKS LIKE I WILL NEED A TETNUS SHOT AND GET CHECKED FO GONNAHERPACEPHALITIS!  YOU ONLY HAVE 27 MORE HOURS LEFT TO DONATE TO QUEST FOR INFAMY'S KICKSTARTER TO SAVE FLUBBER!!!  ALSO I HAVE RECEIVED A NOTE FROM A GROUP OF KANGAROOS WHO APPARENTLY HAD IN THE PAST HAD THEIR VIRTUE VIOLATED FROM FLUBBER AND OR THE MIGHTY AND ALL KNOWING KYTOS! THEY WANT ME JUST TO SHOOT AND EAT FLUBBER AND HAVE OFFERED ME 10 BUCKS TO DO SO!!!  SO DONATE NOW OR THE MONKEY GONNA GET IT!!!! :'( :-\ :-X

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2012, 06:02:18 PM »
That is one angry monkey.

(that's what SHE said!)

Bt

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2012, 02:34:41 AM »
OK FOLKS LESS THAN 500 BUCKS TILL WE REACH THE GOAL, FLUBBER IS SAFE FOR NOW!!!!  HOWEVER THE DRAGON OF MINE IS BITCHING HE IS HUNGRY!!!  LOOKS LIKE ALL WILL BE WELL!!!  ON A DIFF NOTE I CANT BELEIVE KLYTOS THE GRAND MASTER HASNT TOLD ME OFF OR WORSE YET~  HE KNOWS A GOOD JOKE AND SUPPORT FPR QFI WHEN HE SEES ONE I GUESS!LOL ;)

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2012, 03:08:15 AM »
Why would I tell you off?

You're fucking awesome!

RollingStone

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2012, 11:26:55 PM »
Speaking of hints, I can't figure out how to get the oil. I have the fish, if that has anything to do with it.

Jerminator

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2012, 12:17:00 PM »
If you have the fish, now you just need a vessel. Find a vessel anywhere?

There is also another alternate way of getting some fish oil which requires a bit more planning to pull off but fun to do.