Author Topic: Steam version achievements dont work, cards not showing, time played not showing  (Read 19724 times)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
sorry to ask this but

in your eyes ,
is it ok to use SAM in this sort of situation

I know the limits and dont and wouldnt use it on VAC games nor games ive not earned the achievements on

I tried it today and unlocked  "all for an apple and sir chat alot and clock watcher" all early game achievements

if its not ok to you cats, since this is the ONLY work around I can see, let me know

I will undo what Ive done and hope steam fixes anything

if its ok by you,  let me let you know how SAM works,  its the same as just syncing the api with the game, only it forces it..
thats ALL the app does.. says I HAVE THIS.. mark it as such,

not sure how its so hard for valve to fix this but,  let me know if this is considered cheating to you when users earned the achievements and use this app
id never  ever use it on games i didnt earn the achievements on

its been out for 2 years now for the simple reason of steam not fixing this same issue on not hundreds but thousands of games

let me know what you think and if its cheating to you ill undo it and never use it

atm I have just 3 achievements unlocked from the program and all are simple early game ones,
i dont dare click unlock all etc
THAT is cheating

sorry for this post as I hope cheaters dont come out of the woodworks
just all I know to do is this, other than get a lawyer to talk to valve for loads of money out of my pocket
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
I say do whatever you need to in order to make it fun for yourself.  If we had any control over Valve's software problems, we'd fix it.  But since we don't, and it's that important to you, do whatever it takes to make you happy.  Some people take joy in hex editing the game.  Some people find fun in trying to go out of their way to break it and find bugs.  What you do with the game now that you've bought it is entirely up to you.  You won't offend us, I promise.  :)
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
I have a strong suspicion that using SAM and similar software would be a breach of Valve's terms and conditions and could even possibly find you in hot water legally speaking. I certainly don't endorse using something like that, although I can understand frustration at achievements not unlocking in steam.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
yes as you said it does violate TOS but only on VAC games which yours isnt
aka online games

update which is a neat one!

1. after just giving myself the 3 achievements that I earned... I went back and LOCKED them again aka resetting to zero unlocked 0/59

2. I played the game again from fresh install (after using the sam tool)
3. the achievments  WORKED
no joke
seems the SAM program somehow got steams api to look at the game correctly so now achievements for me at least seem to work, no SAM needed

but again i dont condone SAM or any cheats, really, unless this was hexen or ROTT days of just using cheats for fun..

anyway not sure if thats a decent update and again I meant no offense, like I said ive avoided the SAM program for years (think its been out 2+ years now)
and the reason it was created is ... not for cheating, it was due to the same issues ive discussed here

some use it to cheat, some use it validly for the achievements that wont unlock! thats not a tos violation, and no one on steam has been banned for non VAC SAM usage ever..

now if i used this on BF or anyyything online yea.. bad all bad
if i used the tool to unlock all achievements on all games to 100% all bad

im just getting it to work!
and again whats odd is ive tested this now on 3 games , and the achievements now unlock on their own once I use the RESET all stats and achievements function in the SAM, aka setting steam to 0 on all

not sure how that works on steams end but for me thats a win win right there and a nice work around!
I would NOT recommend it, but its interesting from a testers view anyway.

ty for all your patience with my... bombastic, seemingly insane rear end..
I appreciate the game and the support

and again klytos you are right to a degree, but in terms of legality never once has there been a non vac ban for sam, as one cant tell on steams end if the player got them legit or with the app.. ever
only way is if one was to unlock every achievement on every game in like 2 hours that would raise some flags but still a ban.. nah

BTw I enjoy hex editing many games hehe
some stuff you find hidden  kinda like grim fandango back in the day
annyway

hope valve gets their heads on,
and keep trucking ya'll

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
darn well stuff was working

now the achievements in game (some) dont work

apple works  clock watcher sir chat etc
beast master and pisshead dont even unlock in game

tried this as posted by my friend who says that isps might be the issue with steam + games
also time of day played
but ive tried all stuffs

here is the post below

exit Steam and go to the folder called C:\Program Files\Steam\ (this is the default location for a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it).

Delete all of the files in this folder except:

- \Steamapps\ and \Userdata\ folders

- Steam.exe (this file is listed as an application and features the black and white Steam logo)

Restart your computer.

Then, you will need to launch Steam.exe from within the Steam installation folder, and not from a pre-existing shortcut.

With Steam running, re-test the original issue.

This process will not affect your currently installed games.

also there is this
  • Try Launching Steam using TCP Start Steam with the "-tcp" launch option.  Please see the Setting Steam Launch Options topic for instructions.
    • Try Launching Steam using TCP Start Steam with the "-tcp" launch option.  Please see the Setting Steam Launch Options topic for instructions.
    from his link to the steam connection page as well as this
  • Known Issues with Internet Service Providers (ISPs)  Important: If you notice that your Steam connection only has issues during certain hours of the day (usually in the evenings between 5pm and 11pm), it is probable that your ISP is blocking or "shaping" your connection.  Please test your connection at other hours of the day and contact your ISP directly if you believe this is causing the connection issue.

nothing works though but I can say ive completed the game on all three paths ..
very awesome game

one of my fav refs?  DONT BLINK!!  muhahah
ooo new doc who is a commin!

anyway thats my update