Author Topic: Space Quest 3 Remake  (Read 6590 times)

aardvark4lunch

• Recruit
  • Liked: 3
    • aardvark4lunch
    • View Profile
Space Quest 3 Remake
« on: October 29, 2015, 11:40:25 AM »
Currently working on a long term project and I thought I'd share it here. My current plan is to recreate the first screen of Space Quest 3 with brand new graphics. The plan from there is that if it gains interest (and if there is anyone in the community willing to help) I will recreate the entire freight area to be playable and then (after a very long time) the whole game. Currently I've got all the big models done for the first screen and have started texturing. If you're interested in keeping up with the project or potentially volunteering your services, you can check out my Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Space-Quest-3D-1650828208538743/

daleks13

Re: Space Quest 3 Remake
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 11:36:16 AM »
Wow one of my favorites in the series. 1. Will this be an exact remake or plus version ? 2. Will you be doing a voice pack for this game ?

aardvark4lunch

• Recruit
  • Liked: 3
    • aardvark4lunch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 04:40:33 PM »
Good question, already I've needed to make changes to the level design. Transitioning from 2D to 3D without making changes would be awkward and many design choices would no longer make sense. So I will be changing what needs to be changed to make it 3D without it feeling strange. As for the puzzles, I'm thinking I will  keep them the same, but potentially add another fight sequence in the Mallard to get the player used to the combat system before the final battle.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 04:42:28 AM »
what engine you running it on?
and hey if  anyone or myself can help
let us/me know

I dont use facebook, but I gots twitter thats not hijacked
fb all bad but needed to promote things I understand
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"