Author Topic: HAHAHA steam bg of rohem going for 178$ usd ! LOLOL  (Read 8362 times)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
HAHAHA steam bg of rohem going for 178$ usd ! LOLOL
« on: November 10, 2014, 10:14:45 PM »
just so ya know I had 3 of these bg's on steam,
sold 2 for 50 cents, now they are on sale for 178+ usd each

who the...

what the.. hahahahaha
no one is going to pay that out, shrug
just wanted to point it out very funny and odd..

:P
still waiting for prices to go down, missing most foils, and just 1 bg and 1 emote! soo close

but who in their right mind buys my bg for 50 cents to sell for 178$ (no one has paid more than a few bucks for that bg max) :P

shruuuuuug
cs source fans seem to think this is a fast fix at money makin haha
oddly enough i noticed my GOLD RUSH original emotes went from 1-4 cents to 1$ each.. interesting
Oooo cant wait for my CE special wood box from germany! cominnnn soooon

;)
I know this topic seems pointless, just wanted to point it out some people have no clue wtf :)
haha 178$ for a bg  no offense I LOVE qfi but for that price, wooow
no clue why anyone would try for that price when none have sold for even 1/10th of that much-less
1/100th

cant stop laughin,
I was just happy to sell really low for other fans, only to realize they are trying to make money and dont even own the game qfi shrug again :)
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: HAHAHA steam bg of rohem going for 178$ usd ! LOLOL
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 11:38:16 PM »
I literally have no idea what you are talking about.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 01:08:06 AM »

Im not sure if you just are kinda poking fun at how I post or that you dont know steam at all..

steam has cards,  bgs(backgrounds) and emotes that when making badges from cards u get bgs and emotes

I got 3 rohem and rayford backgrounds, at the time they were selling for 2$ so i sold for 50 cents thinkin I was helping a fellow fan,
turns out 2 guys bought them and posted them for sale for 178$+

no one will pay that, its just odd they did it and dont even own the game QFI

im not sure how my post was unclear unless you just dont use steam in which case well yea I can see how thats confusing

this is just a background for steam profiles thats all, and Its the most common one, as i got 3 of 5 bgs being this one below. as you can see 178$ for a background, again i had 3, and if u look at the market the card has never sold for anything close to that, meaning it never will so its just odd, and the 2 users who both got the card from me... again, dont own qfi. :P
not sure whats confusing lemme know, ya make me feels as if Im unable to articulate anything or im to bombastic. see the link below and lemme know if its just that you dont know steam or .. how my post confused ya

[url=http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/264560-Roehm%20and%20Rayford?filter=quest%20for%20infamy]http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/264560-Roehm%20and%20Rayford?filter=quest%20for%20infamy
[/url]

shmerl

• Lackey
  • Liked: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 01:48:24 AM »
@Kaldire : I guess some people (like me or Lambonius) had no idea what bg in this context is, until you explained it :) I'm not using Steam (preferring DRM-free distributors like GOG).

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 02:16:53 AM »
i totally prefer gog, and desura

I get steam for games that gog and desura DONT have

yep there are tons
vampire masquerade bloodlines .. etc

I hate valve, and pretty much everything about the company

the client however, is unlike desura or gog,
you can advert games with cards or badges or items or backgrounds, screenshots go to all friends and so does what u buy

they look at it and go .. woah this is out!? and buy it
they like the bg or emote .. they buy it!
19 people now got the game due to just me buying it and it showing in my history
I didnt have to utter a word
2 people got the game on sale when i posted to them..
anyway
steam has the .. facebook type interface that helps promote games with pointless items and badges,
and the cards and emotes and bgs all make money for IQS and or their publisher,  i would assume its POS not IQS but yea!

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 02:31:28 AM »
To be honest, the only time I have ever used Steam was to beta test QFI.  Also I was kind of teasing you about the way you post, too.  ;)  I can't help myself when it comes to trolling; don't mind me.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 02:47:26 AM »
Kaldire, can you please capitalize the first letters of sentences and use punctuation at the end?

Not trying to diss you but it just really makes it a lot easier to read what you write when you do.

shmerl

• Lackey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 03:21:36 AM »
For older games like Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines or the Neverhood one can still get disks on Ebay (can be pricey though). I wish they would make it to GOG (recently there was quite a breakthrough deal with Disney / LucasArts, so I don't rule out other classics like Bloodlines from Activision or Neverhood from EA).

And for new ones - I just skip them if they are Steam only. Developers don't want to give users a choice and only offer their game through a DRMed service? Then I'm not interested, I prefer to vote with my wallet and support developers / distributors who offer DRM-free games.

About Valve - while I quite dislike Steam with its DRM and attempt to lock-in developers into distribution through them only with their services like Steamworks (i.e. when developers make their games depend on that), on the other hand they were quite a significant help lately in boosting Linux gaming, and I'm quite grateful to them for that. They should get credit where it's due, and criticism for the bad stuff they do.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 12:59:35 PM »
@shmerl

I own the retail games, they dont work(most of them as I am on win7 64 bit)
I'm tech geek and savvy so its not me its the games. And mate no need to get into the hate steam thing.. IM RIGHT THERE WITH YA!  I really hope that steam fails someday but until then I WILL SUPPORT games on there for devs esp like IQS and share my BG and emotes in forums so people look at them and go OH I want that, then POS makes some cash

sooo every game almost every game that I buy on steam thats not on gog, I OWN, same with games I get ON GOG, I own the retail of..
youd be shocked to see my collection

as for capin my sentences nah.. my syntax is fine

I put spaces between new thoughts, either get used to it or.. troll away..
I dont mind, Ive been told I type in the way thats called "stream of thought"
meaning I type as I think, or think and fluidly type

but urmm  again steam is a promo tool, trust me on that.

why would I buy QFI on STEAM and GOG and backerkit? to support ya !

that is all, and again notice that link, 178$ for a background, wwwwtf :P
hahaha

If you think that I cant take the time to use the proper syntax. Or even use punctuation correctly. You might be jumping the gun. I'm just again, a fluid poster, getting it off my mind as I think it. It a blessing and a curse. And its an old habit from taking notes for my old school book writing where no one else reads them but me.

see that paragraph was just fine above :P sooo I can , just I dont do it.. wink wink *

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 03:49:16 PM »
to ease this thread back out my rear

hopefully the politics thread didnt turn the entire board against me,
ive posted this way and typed this way since college when you dont have the time to properly edit text until the speaker is done (never did get a tape recorder)

but here is WORD CRIMES by weird al!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc</a>

hehe enjoy !
because AL has a huge DIC-tionary ..

DosboxLetsPlay

• Villain
  • Liked: 72
  • Hero of Gloriana
    • DosboxLetsPlay
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/dosboxletsplay
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Game: Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 04:35:57 PM »

ive posted this way and typed this way since college when you dont have the time to properly edit text

You could always return later on when you have the time to edit it though. :)
"Ha ha! Little graveyard humor there!"

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 04:39:10 PM »
hehe yea gotta love al!

I think i need to follow that videos directions eh eh :P

for more fun there are TACKY  parody of WACKY
and I was born this way, parody of gaga
and foil instead of royal, all great songs and its why al made top 10 billboards for the first time in his career
jack black even made a cameo in tacky!
haha

edit: dosbox  true but ive been here for a long time, and no one as said anything until after the politics bs thread happening.
sure I post long posts that I know but.. never has anyone said I dont understand you due to punctuation and or syntax. ( did you see my lame SQ announcer post joke) thats perfectly done even changed font colors

so yes I know how to type.
just long and bad habit from college thats never broke,
sorta like IRC habbits
i still do /me ducks into bushes etc
me comments irc still in my blood

shmerl

• Lackey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 06:11:22 PM »
I own the retail games, they dont work(most of them as I am on win7 64 bit)

For me, if it's a Windows game that works in Wine on Linux - it works (Bloodlines for instance is working pretty well in Wine: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=4949 ). If it doesn't - I skip it ;)

Interestingly, some old games tend to work in Wine better than in Windows 8 where they just don't run at all ;D

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 12:24:15 AM »
windows 8 nah, backwards compat is gone in that really

as for the games I own, again 99% hard copies, and vampire masq bloodlines wouldnt even install on my rig retail

until I got it on steam, talked to wesp5 and he got my retail working BUT only after i got it on steam

again though. You dont need to know steam to see my link and see that there are 3 bgs going for 178$+ each when they have never sold for more than 86 cents each at their peak

anyway I have prolly 3000 games on GOG and only a few hundred on steam.
so yes.. I PREFER gog.. and never UBISOFT etc, that forces uplay crap and glad GFWL is dead for now, until next windows comes out.. :(
then all games will require it made by microsoft  fark

anyway... I dont skip games, if I cant get em to run retail I find how to get em to work eventually
there is no DARKSEED on gog or steam not 1 or 2
some games just dont exist. and dont run

xp still is the best backwards platform, so making a VM or partition with xp on it is the only way to rock I suppose.

win 8 ill never use, hell I dislike windows 7 too. Cant wait to see the next pos microsoft drops down

Oh and vampire will not work on any platform or os without the 9.2 UNOFFICIAL PATCH/MOD from wesp5
even if you get it to run everyone NEEDS That patch and a few mods he made too

just fyi :P and that game rocks hard

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2014, 08:17:42 AM »
Not to be an ass, but I will anyway, but there's only 855 games on GoG as of today.
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."