Author Topic: Tv series  (Read 5769 times)

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
Tv series
« on: August 10, 2016, 01:15:00 AM »
So tv series.  What's your favorite? I really enjoy the Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.  This past season of Thrones was fantastic.  I just wish George rr Martin would finish the Winds of Winter.  The Books are better than the tv series, but not by much. I find that books are almost always better than the tv or movies.

I also like the walking dead. Action packed, end if the world type show.  Any thoughts?
**********Chadly*********************

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
Re: Tv series
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 03:09:56 AM »
I decided this series of GoT what annoyed me about it. It's so damn uneven in it's pacing. It's like sometimes it's super fast and 17 awesome things happen, then 6 episodes of complete boredom while people walk around talking. That's not to say I don't like the show, it just doesn't get me all wet like it does for a lot of people.

It's hard for me to pick a favorite. I've always loved Doctor Who. The old stuff is vastly superior to the new, but the new is good too. Soprano's is surely in my top 5.

Current shows, Stranger Things is about the best original drama in at least a decade!
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 04:53:29 PM »
ohh me likey sherlock bbc
and love got until latest season ( where the author hasnt even written the books to go with the episodes so they digress to odd pacing and such)

doc who has been a fav since I was widdle
I do love new doc who but the ole school hits home for me

not to into tv shows in general,
but

blunt talk (see patrick stewart as never before) check that show out
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 07:00:39 PM »
Stranger Things has been awesome; I can't wait to see what a season 2 brings.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

shoptroll

• Lackey
  • Liked: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 09:36:35 PM »
I decided this series of GoT what annoyed me about it. It's so damn uneven in it's pacing. It's like sometimes it's super fast and 17 awesome things happen, then 6 episodes of complete boredom while people walk around talking.

The most recent season was pretty good, although it still had some of the pacing problems you describe.  The season before that was a hot mess with too many plots that went nowhere (and continued to go nowhere in the latest season) and nowhere fast at that.

The Marvel shows on Netflix have been really good.  Jessica Jones was so far the best of the lot (Daredevil is also good but isn't as tight), and I'm looking forward a lot to Luke Cage next month.

Other than that, I've been trying to get through Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Angel as my girlfriend almost revoked my nerd card for never having seen either show.

Still need to watch Stranger Things.  The buzz around it has me intrigued!  (Also getting back to Season 2 of Twin Peaks)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 10:21:06 PM »
seriously watch just the first 2 episodes of BLUNT talk

its not.. about smoking pot.. his last name is blunt  major in army etc

friggen awesome n funny stuff

roeadventue32

• Villain
  • Liked: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 12:23:54 PM »
Tales from the darkside, twilightzone, night gallery  Shelly's fairy tale theater,  startrek next generation, with picard. Hell's Kitchen, with Gorden.

Going to skip over all my anime because i sense that was not the essence of the question.

I hated buffy, Angel and those three flake sisters btw.

As far as cheesy sitcoms I liked growing pains, for the cornball mild amusement, and kinda sort of Seinfeld (more in early episodes)  Brady bunch was pretty cool. The partridge family was bit depressing to me, I don't know why.

Mtv's old liquid television was cool .I liked bevis and butthead, Darla is fun.
Robot chicken sucked. Gary the rat was cool, and ren and stempy in small doses.
I am a one note man, I play it all I can.

roeadventue32

• Villain
  • Liked: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 09:28:00 AM »
......and kinda sort of Seinfeld (more in early episodes).... 

A fun thing to note, is I first watched Seinfeld because I hear the woman that played the apartment tenant that got turned into a fairy, in a fav cult classic horror ''trolls''  was co staring in a sitcom. So I checked it out.
I am a one note man, I play it all I can.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 02:54:39 AM »
Another great show us Halt and Catch Fire on Amc. It's basically a story about the early 80's computer wars. Jobs and Woz, etc. Its awesome for those folks who remember those days. Great story. Check it out.

shoptroll

• Lackey
  • Liked: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 08:54:19 PM »
Girlfriend wanted to watch Stranger Things tonight with no prompting from me, so who was I to argue?  It was really good!  No wonder the IQ team made a game about it :)

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2016, 06:58:55 PM »
if you want fun laughs

youtube show

"Honest trailers"

game of thrones part 2, or deadpool made me laugh so hard I broke a front tooth out.. ugh but haha?

check em outs!

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 09:33:33 PM »
Besides L.C., my second choice of women is Polly Perette of NCIS. Looking forward to the next season.
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2016, 02:45:45 AM »
Paulie is super hot, I watch NCIS for the story and her.  Sorry if I am a perv. LOL..  Damn beer....... It makes me a jolly good fellow.... and horny. LOL. Fuck I hope my girlfriend doesn't read this or, Chadly is gonna be in the doghouse.  LOL/

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2016, 07:56:54 AM »
I rather like her because she's a bit weird (in the show that is)
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.