Author Topic: The Star Wars: A New Comic Series  (Read 2912 times)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
The Star Wars: A New Comic Series
« on: August 09, 2013, 12:47:03 PM »
Based on George Lucas' Original Script from 1974!

That's right - Han Solo is a 6 foot tall Lizard, Darth Vader is an evil general, Annakin Starkiller..... all the goodies of old!  Check out this trailer!!!

<a href="http://youtu.be/Sh5BzH3yPrU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/Sh5BzH3yPrU</a>

Oh, I can't wait.  This is some good old-fashioned what if fun.  That script is a DOOZY!  It'll be cool to see it come to life this way.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
Re: The Star Wars: A New Comic Series
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 01:12:54 PM »
Oh fuck yeah.  Hahaha.  This is awesome.  I remember reading that script online years ago and being fascinated/horrified/amused by it.  I don't buy comics much anymore, but I'd shell out for this.

The best part is George Lucas' likeness being used for Luke Skywalker.  So hilariously nerdy.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 01:19:16 PM »
Also, what an interesting challenge for the artists!  To be tasked with designing the look of things based ONLY on George Lucas' words and not on the decades of iconic imagery that we have come to know and love.  Looks like they did use the old McQuarrie concept paintings as at least a partial reference, though.  Still, very cool.
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 02:14:58 PM »
Yeah!  I'm seeing some of those Ralph McQuarrie designs in the art, which is SUPER AMAZING AWESOME.

Closer look here

http://fashionnaction.blogspot.com/2013/04/dark-horses-concept-comic-star-wars.html

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."