Author Topic: Version 1.1 coming!  (Read 9218 times)

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
Version 1.1 coming!
« on: January 29, 2015, 09:54:20 AM »
Well, friends - versions 1.1 should hopefully be launching next week.  If you'd like early access on Steam, my forum dwelling denizens, let me know.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 579
    • View Profile
Re: Version 1.1 coming!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 04:15:37 PM »
Well, friends - versions 1.1 should hopefully be launching next week.  If you'd like early access on Steam, my forum dwelling denizens, let me know.

'Bout time.   >:(

Corrigan

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 826
  • Portrait Lead
    • https://www.facebook.com/EstirdalinArt
    • https://twitter.com/Estirdalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 07:43:59 PM »
But version 1.1 of what?  Right, Goatmeal?
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"

DosboxLetsPlay

• Villain
  • Liked: 72
  • Hero of Gloriana
    • DosboxLetsPlay
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/dosboxletsplay
    • View Profile
  • Favorite Game: Quest for Glory IV: Shadows of Darkness
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 08:28:42 PM »
I can handle a week, just let me get back to working on the achievements!  :P
"Ha ha! Little graveyard humor there!"

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 10:30:25 PM »
But version 1.1 of what?  Right, Goatmeal?

AAAAAAargh !!!   >:(

Quit messing with my mind, peoples of IQ ! 

Bad2DaBone

• Mastermind
  • Liked: 84
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 10:50:39 PM »
So what's in version 1.1?  Can I finally sleep with the girl in the maid outfit?  Do something with the scale?  Go to that area in the back of the smoke shop?

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 01:21:29 AM »
Ver 1.1 of Quest for infamy fixes bugs, corrects combat, (as the combat was extremely frustrating!) adds new content, (what i dont know but will soon find out! LOL.) NO I don;t think Roehm can score with the ladies this is a PG13 game i beleive, altho that be cool if he could.  It's gonna be great anyway you look at it in my view! :) ;)

Chadly
**********Chadly*********************

Klytos

• The Big Cheese
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1715
  • Infamous to the Max Power!
    • Shawn Klytos Mills
    • shawnmills100
    • shawnmills100
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Quests
  • Favorite Game: Hero's Quest
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 01:49:25 AM »
Mostly 1.1 is a bug fix build. We fixed just about everything that we've been told about since the initial release, plus a few others. The major overhaul was the way magic works, we think it's a lot better now.

There weren't any "bugs" in combat per say (although there were a couple of animation glitches) but we tweaked the formulas so it's a bit easier for people to understand and quicker to level. The only bugs were related to the occasional monster not dying at zero health but the fight continuing. The thing to understand with the combat is that while some people like Chadly found it frustrating, others found it easy and enjoyable and yet others found it difficult and enjoyable. The feedback on the combat was split quite evenly between great and terrible, which in my view makes it pretty spot-on.

The new content is a new area for each of the classes. They're really fun to be honest. More information will come to light next week as we progress towards release!
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 09:48:42 PM »
OK, with the new rooms that are available in Version 1.1:

Since there's music for just about EVERY room/screen in the game, has new music been written for these new rooms/screens as well?

...And will SickFiction have those music tracks available for download as well?  Perhaps a special ZIP/RAR for us superfans of QFI and the QFI score here on the forum pages, much like was done for the release of the "Family Makes You Wait The Longest"/Epilogue track...

sickfiction

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 329
  • You can't do that; at least not now.
    • View Profile
    • James' Music Page
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 05:01:45 PM »
There is one brand new piece for a special room, I believe the other new rooms are just extensions of other areas. I would write something if needed cos that's what I'm here for!
The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are his/her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests
--------------------------------------------------------
I am a Narrator, and I ride and I ride.

Lambonius

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 1762
  • Mojo Brojo
    • View Profile
    • Infamous Adventures
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 01:30:18 AM »
Lambonius...Rarely has our moderating team encountered a forumite as consistently unpleasant as you, and you've burned through far more chances than you deserved. A person really has to try hard to be so obnoxious that they're banned from AG, but you've managed it and then some.

Chadly

• Senior Villain
  • Liked: 170
  • Guinness it's not just for breakfast anymore!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2015, 02:45:40 AM »
To clarify my earlier post, I found the combat in ver 1.0 frustrating because of the constant misses by roehm when attacking.  Its not to say that i didnt enjoy the fighting in the game, because i did!  I Think QFI is the best Adventure/role playing game to come out in the last 20 years.  Games such as this are Simply not made anymore sadly.  Great all around and im looking forward to the update and possible sequel, as well a new game by IQ! :)

Chadly
**********Chadly*********************

Goatmeal

• Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 09:33:23 AM »
To clarify my earlier post, I found the combat in ver 1.0 frustrating because of the constant misses by roehm when attacking.  Its not to say that i didnt enjoy the fighting in the game, because i did! 

There is a 3-second window to make a decision (attack, health potion, defend/rest, escape).

When I played, if I constantly spammed the attack button, I seemed to miss more frequently.

However, if I waited a second or two after completing a successful attack, THEN attack again before my opponent made his move, I seemed to connect more often.

Of course, that could just be my imagination...   :)

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2015, 06:17:05 PM »
So now that QFI 1.1 has been released to Steam, how come I don't see a download purchase for it on Steam, and how come GameStop doesn't know about any supposed availability on Steam (they sell Steam accounts for any current games that are available).
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Corrigan

• Team IQ
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 826
  • Portrait Lead
    • https://www.facebook.com/EstirdalinArt
    • https://twitter.com/Estirdalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 07:24:10 PM »
As in, you search Quest for Infamy and there's nothing there, or just that it doesn't specify that it's v1.1, Nameless?  I can see the game if I search the store for it but I already own it, so mine has just automatically updated to v1.1.  Can't answer the GameStop question myself though, we don't even have those over here.
"The statements made by this member of Infamous Quests are her own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of Infamous Quests"