Author Topic: Error: random fight in dwarven mines  (Read 4316 times)

Longsunrise

• Recruit
  • Liked: 5
    • View Profile
Error: random fight in dwarven mines
« on: September 09, 2014, 09:56:32 PM »
Hi QFI team,

I just wanted to log in an error I've recently encountered when wandering in the dwarven mines.

When I do a pre-emptive attack on an undead monster, the game crashes and I get the following error message:

RandomCombat.asc Line 717
from GlobalScript.asc Line 6886
Error:  Character.loop: invalid loop number for this view.

This only happens when I try to click the sword icon on this type of monster - all of the other types go right into combat without any problems.

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
Re: Error: random fight in dwarven mines
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 10:19:32 PM »
I encountered something similar when experimenting to see how much I could hex edit the stats before the game went bonkers. Then to, too much stuff running in the background, fragmented HD, etc. Have you tried running the QFI.exe in administrative mode?
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

miriya

• Villain
  • Liked: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 10:50:48 PM »
That one's a known problem.  I actually posted about it before as well.  Just avoid attacking the skeleton with the sword and wait for him to come to you.  The glitch will be fixed in the update.

http://www.infamous-quests.com/forum/index.php?topic=1393

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Error: random fight in dwarven mines
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 11:37:21 PM »
I encountered something similar when experimenting to see how much I could hex edit the stats before the game went bonkers. Then to, too much stuff running in the background, fragmented HD, etc. Have you tried running the QFI.exe in administrative mode?
sadly for this game, hex editing isnt so great
sure you can do some stuff, but they locked down most of it as said so as to not give away to much

doing the stats well since they are broke anyway kinda pointless! plus it crashes the game

buuut
all hex aside

anytime you use the sword icon on any creature before they see you, bad things happen

your character if you lose and die, will lock in place and you cant move or restore or quit
your character will walk north in the mines after every battle and cause crashes
you character if you win the battle outside the mines will revert to WALK if you are in sneak or run

the 1st and 2nd are most important but yea no matter what  attacking first seems to be bad,

also there is a timer issue where if you cast fast enough the day will never pass,
or walk back n forth between screens
I did this in prologue as sorc, got max stats on everything but climbing,
yep even thieving,

btw I dont know who did the infamy points on the wiki, but someone put ROGUE only path can rob the blacksmith, but thats not true,
sorc can do it with UNLOCK spell, simple...
just dont look in that closet... haha
suppriiise its big gay al!

jk on that last line
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"

Blackthorne

• The Big Boss.
  • The Bosses
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 2812
  • Marmite is the Devil's Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 12:43:39 AM »
Yeah, this is a well known issue; it's already been fixed in the source.  If you pre-emptively attack the skeletons or the wraiths, this will happen.  Game looks for an animation loop that doesn't exist.

Bt
"Any statements made by this member of Infamous Quests is his own personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Infamous Quests. Any official statements made about Infamous Quests by this member will be clearly identified as such."

Longsunrise

• Recruit
  • Liked: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 12:27:50 AM »
Thanks all

nameless

• Forever At The Bottom of the Totem Pole
  • Villain
  • Liked: 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 10:33:45 PM »
In the mines, I once tried attacking a sleeping thing, a message said something like "wait till its awake"
Lynda Carter, Wonder Woman, once sent me autographed photos that put me on cloud nine. The photos are on my living room wall.

Kaldire

• Testers
  • Mastermind
  • Liked: 357
  • Learn to live,Learn to love,Learn to love to live!
    • https://www.facebook.com/NewFunFansKaldire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 01:39:45 AM »
??

sleeping thing??
eh?
im lost there..
"Larger than life and twice as natural!"